Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford

Options
  • 25-02-2003 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Waterford terrible on sunday,any waterford supporters think the same or any other ppl want to comment on it,Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Yeah they were embarrassing!
    Ken McGrath was hopeless as usual! He's like the Heskey of Hurling!
    Flannery was a disgrace - Justin McCarthy is going to have to do something about the players discipline!
    Still a few bright spots Alan Kirwan played well on Carey and the new guy in midfield Fitgerald looked promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I was fairly dissapointed. I think the only hope for them is if they can rise for the big ocasion like last year...it seems likr the leauge isnt a priority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

I must say, all the poor behaviour by the 'Mount Sion' element dosnt forbade very well for the new season.

- Mc Grath against Clare
    - Eoin Kelly walking off Mont Sion Team
    - Jim Greene running on to the field abusing the ref at the end against Dunloy. (Right or wrong, a supposedly experienced & respected(?) coach shouldnt carry on in such a way)
    - Flannery sent off against the cats.

Justin McCarthy will have his hands full to control this 'thug element'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

not to mention mullane!

here's my appraisal of last sunday:

1.brenner: a bit too much of the fabien barthez
    2. kirwan: did alright actually
    3. feeney: badly at fault for at least 2 of the goals, should have stood on the goal-line, also needlessly got himself booked for lashing out when all he had to do was hit the goddam sliotar
    4. flannery:didn't want to be out there..seemed to want to be sent off..
    5. murphy:can't hit the ball straight, other than that played quite well
    6. should have been browne..
    7.queally: is great when surrounded by about 10 players he can bully. when ball comes to him on his own, he's lost
    8. murray: shouldn't be on any team, nevermind an intercounty side..his own club don't rate him and if mccarthy couldn't see how bad he was last sunday, there are serious problems,
    9. fitzgerald..average
    10. eoin kelly? awol? feck!
    11. ken - shouldn't have bothered showing up
    12. eoin mcgrath..some good work, best of a bad lot
    13. o' brien: intercounty debut..was fouled at every opportunity, one or 2 good runs, inexperience showed
    14. shanahan: take a man down from the mountain, give him a hurley, shove him onto the pitch...more skill in a farmer thrashing nettles
    15. bennett..good in first half, anonymous in 2nd!

against the all-ireland champions? not good enough...on that form i wouldn't even predict that we'll beat laois!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Did Mullane get suspended or when is it decided

• Advertisement

no, they're postponing the decision until next week or the week after..no independent ref, or ref's report but it looks like something's gonna be done.

Well was there any outcome ?

i've heard nothing...cloonan et alia got their suspensions..no mention of mullane at all at all...but as soon as i hear anything alany, you KNOW it's you i'll tell!

well, the VERY latest on mullane is that the decision has been deferred to next week. in the meantime, he's back in the waterford team for sunday! (yay for hoganstand.com!)

yeah its a good old website ! lots of great info..being a dublin supporter I usually brush over hurling news..but since WE BEAT KILKENNY im getting into it.

I repeat DUBLIN BEAT KILKENNY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Just as well the hurlers are improving if yesterdays football match is anything to go by we could be waiting a bit longer than I anticipated for the Sam!

FINAL INSTALMENT IN THE MULLANE SAGA:

a 3 month ban, which was always the likely outcome. deserved too by all accounts. I like how the GAC decided he was so special he couldn't get punished with all the other bad boys but had to wait another week so they could give his punishment due attention!

Advertisement