Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the white stripes

Options
  • 25-02-2003 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Jack & Meg are presenting their brand new album 'Elephant'. This weeks NME will feature a world exclusive interview with the band, and the world's first review of the album.

-In a second stunning exclusive, the band are holding an online listening
    party for one week only! Here are the details:

The White Stripes are letting fans hear tracks from their forthcoming album 'Elephant' first. We wanted to thank all the people that have supported the White Stripes by buying their albums and signing up to our mailing lists, so we have created a secret area only for you! You get the chance to hear songs from the brand new album 'Elephant' before it is released on 31st March. To access this area, you will need a CD of 'White Stripes', 'De Stijl' or 'White Blood Cells'. For each of the
    White Stripes album that you possess, you will be able to hear a new track, so if you own all 3 albums, you get to hear 3 new tracks. Big apologies to all Mac OSX users but this is for Mac OS9 and PC users only, technology - pah!
    for details:
    https://secure.digitalinsert.com/competition.cfm?promotion=45

Alison

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Elephant should be spelt '3l3phant' apparently. Jack has wrote an excellent message on his website too. Hes mad as a feckin hatter

Cant wait for 31st March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

hurray for the stripes,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    hurray for the stripes,

since when are you a fan? i thought you only liked the one song? :confused:

i sure do, and it sure is a good song....

but you should listen to the album! we're going to be friends aint the only good song on there!

• Advertisement

well i don't know...... YOU also like led zepplin.. so i'm not sure if we'll agree on whats good and bad

and if it wasnt for me you also would never have heard of belle and sebastian, or brando, or phantom for that matter!!

some how i knew you'd throw that argument at me....
    but that was years ago...
    i still stick by my led zepplin point

one word: korn!

i don't think this sort of black mail should be posted on the messege board........

of course the fact you bought bliss should...

let's leave these poor posters alone and keep our dark pasts to ourselves

• Advertisement

fine...... just cause your scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Come on White Stripes over Zep!?

Man, if you don't like zep, i have no respect :D

exactly. zeppelin rule! :D

I completely stand by my taste.. and zep are really terrible, i really hate it when i have to hear that guys voice. i feel like eating my own arm

Jack WHITE!! over ROBERT PLANT!!!

Plant has range, White sounds like kelly jones on helium!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

the only reason Rober Plant has range is that he used to record his vocals slowly and then speed them up so he could hit the high notes. If you've ever heard Zepp live you'll hear the difference.

Anyway, nobody with testicles could hit those notes.

the point is:
    neither of them are really great singers, but as far as i'm conserned Robert Plant is perticularly bad..... well i'd go as far as saying terrible.
    don't get so steamed up over it, it's only my opinion, i'm sure in your eyes he has talent

Originally posted by stimpson
    the only reason Rober Plant has range is that he used to record his vocals slowly and then speed them up so he could hit the high notes. If you've ever heard Zepp live you'll hear the difference.

Anyway, nobody with testicles could hit those notes.

He did use that technique later on, but not in a lot of early songs.
    Like Communication Breakdown. And he was great live when he was younger. since I've been loving you was great on the SRTS dvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    it's only my opinion

mine, too. i never could understand the appeal of led zepplin. his voice grates on my nerves and the guitar is just so over the top. nobody here is arguing very well in favour of led zep either. he has a great range?? fine, doesn't make a great band though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well i dont like either of them so HA!

• Advertisement

there is probably a worse band in the world some were....

Advertisement