Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Witness and Slane line-ups'

Options
  • 25-02-2003 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Apparently...hope tis true. Stripes and Audioslave comin to Ireland. Can shove ya coldplay up ur Mondeo drivin chocolate-pipe too!!

http://www.hotpress.com/discuss/topic.adp?d=248709&t=2640099

so this is who is defo playin witnness
    coldplay
    blur
    idlewild (2nd stage headline)
    white stripes (2nd stage headline)
    jj72
    turin brakes
    supergrass
    audioslave
    moloko
    tom mccrae
    super furry animals
    snow patrol
    mundy
    muse
    good charlottte
    libertines
    the coral
    woodstar
    mark geary
    turn
    4 of us
    the revs
    appleton
    wilt
    the streets
    the datsuns
    the kills

slane:
    red hot chilli peppers
    queens of the stone age
    dandy warhols
    the frames
    feeder
    gemma hayes
    +1more band

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

nice nice nice nice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

well... i'm still hoping that Belle and Sebastian and Zwan show up somehow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Oh yeah, according to MCD Foos are at Slane too!! I dont know you wait for a bus and then 28 come along at once.

Good stuff. Might be worth goin this year for a change if rest is correctamundo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

RHCP are supposed to be appearing at the Meteors on Monday. No doubt, they will be plugging any forthcoming shows ... if any!

The RHCP info was pretty rife. I delayed putting the info onto the gig guide on web site but succumbed last week. Godammit, hate being caught out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Whoa! I was right after all!

Official line up

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Foo Fighters
    Queens of the Stone Age

Tickets: €59.50 from Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Mmmmmm.........

Nick Oliveri.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

when do tickets for slane go on sale? or are they already? sounds like an excellent line up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

who needs expensive festivals when we can rot our brains with the highly entertaining soap-opera-like back and forth antics of Mewzel and Tyriall.

Me and my unnacceptably "main-stream" music tastes are costing me way too much money. Ive already got over-priced tickets for REM and Oasis, and hopefully Paul McCartney, but adding Witnness and Slane on top of that could break the bank, and Im trying to fund an orphanage for unwanted exercise equipment.

If only i was cool and alternative, then i could just moan and not spend any money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Do what I do. Being a local, we know just how easy it is to don the bright yellow waistcoat, grab a bin bag....casually....all slow-like...pick up rubbish the whole way.....up up to the gate ...closer...then hey!!! you're in!!!

Or what we did last year was run up in *unmentionable public service* jumpers with clipboards and toolboxes and claim if we didn't get in, there'd be no concert, and a big boom like noise.

(Not guaranteed and not recommended)

I think if the right people are playing a gig it's worth the money rather then finding yourself trying to pear at them form over a fence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

No, it's called Private Messages. Up there in User CP... there y'go.

Slane'd be decent apart from the Chili's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    i don't think i'd ever go to slane.. it just seems like a mini-witnness for people how have a more main stream tast.

but that's just

And people on this board give out to Raggamuffin!?! :rolleyes:

And on another point, ppl actually pay to get into Slane? Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Haven't paid yet, just hop the wall or break down a fence, it's worked for my friends the last 3 years. But then again, they did have locals passes, which though they don't get you in, get you close enough to enable you to jump the wall.

Last years Slane is my official "worst concert ever", but at least I didn't have to pay.

Plus, the scumbags are all from Naaaavin! :) No offence Silverfish! ;)

Originally posted by Silverfish
    Do what I do. Being a local, we know just how easy it is to don the bright yellow waistcoat, grab a bin bag....casually....all slow-like...pick up rubbish the whole way.....up up to the gate ...closer...then hey!!! you're in!!!

Funnily enough, that's how one of my friends got into Witnness last year. Not exactly how you described it, but it was by impersonating a cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Not a bad line up at all. No headliners as such, but the bands all have a decent following. Chili's are great live despite the crap in the charts. QOTSA and the Foo's will no doubt attract much of the same audience.

Witness has the usual mix up of different bands. Not a great line up, but thats just me. I'm sure people love Coldplay, White Stripes et al, but there not for me. Audioslave would be good I'd say, even though Cornell is a bit older, and his voice doesn't cut it live, he still out classes many of the younger lads. I'll probably pop my head in to see The Datsuns, The Coral, Blur (for the oldskoolness), and whoever else.

I'd have to give it to Witness over though, it's just more fun!

hey shorty, what exactly did i do wrong?
    i gathered my statement from some simple factors

1) Slane has fewer and more famous bands
    2) witnness has a hell of a lot of small local acts to enjoy
    3) Slane is over priced and full of scum,

but if you disagree then that's fine, i talk a lot a balls most of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Never been to Slane dont think ill aford it this year but the only band id actually be arsed watching would be QOTSA. SO im not too bothered... Plus the scum.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

There will be a high % of scum but i think i shall go anyhow it will be good!!!

I really want to see QOTSA cause ive seen the others but would not mind at all seeing them again!!!

Witness-cant believe Blur are playing very unexpected but great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

What are the chances of Dave Grohl playing drums with the QOTSA?

Hopefully even for a few songs becase it's something I'd love to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

pollys been added to slane,with coldplay and morrissey and radiohead set to be added to witness.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

"What are the chances of Dave Grohl playing drums with the QOTSA"-The Fan

Wouldnt he have to play with them i mean he is their drummer?

I cant wait to see them also!!!

My love for Dave Grohl grows every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have a new drummer since b4 the uk tour, bloke outta Danzig

i'm still not going to slane, but witnness is looking better and better!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Come on Zwan, don't disappoint me now! I'm definately going to Witness. Slane, last year, was utter crap. I like the RHCP's, but I can't love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

i can't decide to buy my ticket for witnness on saturday or sunday.......................!!GAH sunday me thinks. the frames
    WOOOOOOOOOH YEAH....polyphonic spree...

yiz all ready for next weekend?!!!! WITNNESSSSSSSSS

aww zwan aint playin :|

Sundays the day..... Saw some of the bands at glasto that need checking out at witnness

Anyone notice that there seems to be an extra band on most stages on the saturday.... quantity over quality I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

Originally posted by acquiescefc
    Sundays the day.....

yeah im gonna go on the sunday!! but im bummed im gonna be missing badly drawn boy and coldplay!

you can still buy tickets, yeah?? lol * worried *:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

I know it's not on the Witnness Site yet but Ashley Hamilton is not playing on Sunday.

Woodstar have been move to his slot on Witnness Main at 12:00.

Republic of Loose are taking Woodstars slot on Witnness Upstage at 12:50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Pumpkinhead

Zwan's exit was gutting

especially after their televised appearance on MTV2 at the
    Rock am Ring in Germany...

a glimpse of what was to come - that now, sadly, isn't coming..

sob sob

:confused:

still....there's Damien Rice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

When I heard Zwan weren't playing I was thinking of not going but now that they have announced Mars Volta on the line up, the Sunday looks amazing

My Sunday will be

Bell X1
    Super Furry Animals
    The Framees
    White Stripes
    Mars Volta
    Flaming Lips

Once the weather holds it's going to be a good day.

Advertisement