Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone getting Splinter Cell for PC on Friday?

Options
  • 25-02-2003 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

It is out on Friday, isn't it?

It looks pretty good, anyone else getting it?

Boog.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Looks awesome ,kinda like a Console game on PC been looking forward to this game hope its not stupidly priced.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Arn't all new games stupidly priced? :mad:

Boog.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by KdjaC
    hope its not stupidly priced.

kdjac
    Tough, its probably going to be over 60 yoyo's. A friend of mine is gettign it on friday, so ill nab it off him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

been waitin for this game for a loooooooooong. it was my most wanted of xmas 2002. curses....microsoft.....xbox....mutter....mutter....curses....

anyway i checked in games world in kilkeny and apparently its sellin there for 45! heh. i didnt think they sold games that cheap till i bought unreal 2 at that price....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive played xbox version and latest pc demo version.
    Good game but its all too linear and scripted.GFX on good PC are stunning at high res.
    Go for IGI 2 guys ,huge maps not just narrow linear streets .Lots of different ways to succeed with your objectives unlike Splinter cell .It also has multiplayer online play where as Splintercell doesnt.
    SC has little replay value guys ttrust me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Been playing it on the PC here for the last few days, tis gg

Nice graphics

What's IGI 2? Never heard of it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah i've never heard of IGI 2 either?

as regards to SC i played it on the x-box recently for a brief period, i will pick it up alright but i think my computer will need a new graphics card to run it half-decently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Been playing Splinter Cell last few days and must say im enjoying the change of pace after unreal2 and ut2. More stealthy than a pure out and out shooter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

IGI 2 = project IGI 2

I despised the first one, so im not really bothered with the sequel.

• Advertisement

IGI 2 covert strike, is the sequel to Project IGI.
    It was released last Friday.
    Splintercell isnt a patch on it in terms of content and replayability.
    Go to any good game site for info/reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

I played Splinter Cell on the xbox and to be honest I wasnt greatly impressed. As a mainly PC gamer I found the levels in splinter cell to be dissapointingly linear as apposed to some of the PC games which have a much more open mission style.

Although it did look very pretty and was fairly revolutionary for a console game, I think there are already better 'stealth' titles out on the PC (such as hitman 2)

As for IGI2, I've only played the first 3/4 levels so its hard to draw any real conclusions but I will say that they have made a vast improvement in the enemy AI over the first one (which was one of its largest drawbacks) as well as improvements to the stealth style of play.

Yep, I've decided to buy it on friday. Should look pretty sweet with my new Herc Radeon 9700pro card. :D

Boog.

boogieman you swine nice card, me's hoping a p3 and perhaps a new radeon 9100 will be able to handle it. as my geforce 2mx makes command and conquer generals suck

Thanks Dataisgod,

It works well with my new XP 2400+ (OC'd to 2700+) CPU too! :p

Boog.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Iv both for the PC and IGI2 seems to be the better of the 2 IMHO...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

boogie man: the game runs finr for me on that card.
    The game itself looks sweet, however, the 'movies' inbetween missions look about 3 yrs old in quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭drjolt

Having played the demo I certainly won't be buying it anytime soon - maybe after it gets discounted. MGS2:S PC has a much better chance with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

A quick check of my account at Play.com reveals it's already been posted to me! Although from my extended wait for Unreal 2 recently you'll probs all have it finished by the time I get it.

I enjoy playing games on my pc but have only fairly recently started buying new games so if I may pick ye're brains...

My current setup is Athlon XP2000+ (un o/ced) 512mb ddr2700 and GF3 Ti500. I have (little or) no intention of paying €300 + for a new GFX card, but is there any budget option that would give me a noticeable improvement? I'm thinking along the lines of the Radeon 9100 Pro (forget which make) that got a good review in PC Gamer this month.

no there isn't, i haven't seen any radeon 9100 pro's around please link me to any site you have. a radeon 9100 is pretty much on par performance with a ti500 if actually a little slower. i don't think you will get any improved performance from any card in the budget range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

2 weeks ago it was on deal of the week on komplett for €99

€99 for a 128mb card :D.

i got splinter cell and i dunno what the G card fuss is about i have g 3 ti 500 and its running sweetly on 1024x768 with everything on high.I reckon i could take it higher.

I installed it on a mates PC with g 3 ti 200 and set same res it was a bit sluggish knocked it down to medium everything and still on 1024 and its sweet no lag just perfect running speed.

kdjac

yeah i thought of getting that card on komplett for 100 but it's not very good closer analysis of the spec's shows it running at 250/400mhz and at the moment the card is now up to about 110 euro.

however emailing elara they said they had a connect 3d 128mb radeon 9100 which they could get for about 120 inc vat which runs at 250/480mhz well worth the extra 10 euro and i'm gonna buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think I'll hang on for the PS2 version, as at least I know my hardware will be well up for it!

Ran the Demo on my Radeon 8500, 1.8mhz, 256mb ram, and it looked gorgeous, but ran like a dog...

Anyone know when it's being released for the PS2?

Can anyone tell me if there is a magazine out at the momment with the SC demo on it? I really don't want to download 180mb's over a 56k modem! and I'd really like to see what it's like before I buy it. ;)

Thanks,
    Boog.

Demo runs great for me,1280x1074 res all detail at highest ,no slowdown at all.
    P4 1.5,384mb,Geforce 4 TI4200.
    It makes a laugh of my xbox version.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I got the game there yesterday,
    its got great graphics, its quite hard though I think as you don't notice little hatches that you're supposed to open up and enter.. I don't think there is many guns in the game (Only 2 on the last level is what a saved game I got had!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Boogie man,

The demo is on the cover mount cds of this months PC Gamer. Raven shield is the main cover pic.

Milly

Thanks milltown,

Got it! I've a feeling this game may "do my head in". Could be frustrating as I am so use to FPS's. We'll see. :)

Boog.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

We just got it in DNC today, it looks good on the PC all the same. Movement is good and you get to use a mouse, even better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The distraction camera in the Chinese Embassy Sewer is a lot of fun.

Luc

Advertisement