Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone getting Splinter Cell for PC on Friday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Got a lend of it on friday, and had finished it within 6hours of play time, horrendously short game, about metal gear solid length (maybe a little longer...). The only real hard part of the game were the 2 missions you couldnt kill anyone, however sneaking behind them and a quick grab done the trick. The guns are horribly inacurate aswell, even when you hold the breath with the scoped rifle its sway is still bad. Good game overall, just direly short and only 2 weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Shoulda played it on hard then i suppose tho that doesnt add to the length all that much i guess. (but an alarmingly high amount of games these days are very short)

As for only 2 weps, its a stealth game not a all guns blazing. I thought the fact you only really had 2 weps added to the game rather than retract(altho the fact u had a load of ammo types for the main weapon kinda meant you had more than 2).

It meant u had to use ur ammo sparingly and find the most effective weapon to to kill/neutralize as many enemies as possible and you couldnt pick up their ammo after killing em to throw on your ever increasing pile.

The game wasnt hard but i did find it fun to try and find ways to get people without always having to resort to going in with all guns blazing.

I usually used gun as last resort, as shooting tends to get large crowds of enemies gathered, and they dont be long going though you, but I hated the inability to not grab an enemies gun, sooo.... consolie :confused:. Many times I have wanted to grab their AK74 with that nyommy GP-25 and spam me some enemies, especially on the last level where they bunched up nicely, got a 5 frag nade kill on that map.
    Btw, ammo isnt rare, you get 60 shots, 1 headshot puts them down, unless you use full auto you will never run out. The throwing just about anything on the ground was great tho, could distract almost any guard and pull him towards you with several coke cans, then pounce from the shadows and get him when theres no-one nearby, using no ammo and looking cool...... then re-use all the thrown cans for the next guard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

on the fourth mission at the moment, just happy its running ok got new graphics card to help it out :) i like it though makes a change from all those fps

btw, for anyone who hasnt seen any screenshots of this game, the lighting effects are pants wettingly good!!
    The shadows are breathtaking, you can see people around cornewrs if you look for their shadow, you can even tell what gun they have! truely amasing lighting effects, Id almost buy the game for that alone tbh :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I borrowed the brothers version today and finished in 6 hours or so.
    I completed xbox version a while back ,mouse control as usual is far superior to a silly pad,as a result the game was a sinch as enemy AI placements should have been changed from the xbox version so as to compensate for easy mouse controls.
    Graphics are a lot better on pc as the high res from a monitor really brings out those textures.
    As ive said before its all too linear and scripted but fun while it lasted .
    The brother is bringing it back to game tomorrow for refund :)
    Tis the only reason anyone should buy from those dear ****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I'm no hardcore gamer so I've had a good few hours out of it so far. On the Chinese mission at the moment. I do think, though, that if it wasn't for the stealth aspect, i.e. waiting around for the guards to pass or fall into the right formation to sneak past, that it would be over quicker than a Brookside omnibus.
    The graphics are beautiful though, but I seem to be playing about 75% of it with the night vision on. I could have made do with a black and white monitor.
    Still, it's a good antidote to UT2003.

Advertisement