Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Lineup Confirmed!

Options
  • 25-02-2003 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Foo Fighters
    Queens Of The Stone Age

+4 more bands

Tickets (circa)E59

See ya there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

okay, im still slightly confused.

earlier on, i was watching MTV, yeah!!! pop music!!! all that jazz!!!
    nah, i was just watching it because Dismissed was on, if you close your eyes, they play the best music on that show, heard some Ryan Adams today.
    Anyway, MTV News was on and you know they have the little news headlines goin across the bottom of the screen? (dont deny it, you've all watched it)
    yeah, well in one of the headlines it said something about Oasis, Robbie Williams and RHCP all playing Slane on Aug 23rd. Obviously, that didnt make any sense at all, but i figured "mtv dont report rumours, they're usually the last to find out when things are actually confirmed!"

help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Never really liked the idea of slane a bit big but if its the first lineup ill be there if its the second Ill be as far away as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

thats strange.. I heard:

red hot chilli peppers
    queens of the stone age
    dandy warhols
    the frames
    feeder
    gemma hayes
    +1more band

I seriously doubt the foo fighters and rhcp would be on the same billing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I doubt the Dandy's will be playing seeing as how theyre playing here in may...

yeah, i heard they were playing in may.
    thats why the thing i seen on MTV made no sense, Oasis are playing here next week and Robbie has that big sham of a gig in Phoenix Park in August.
    but, its happened many times that a band plays a gig and returns shortly after for a festival slot.

personally, i'd like to see that line-up. the rumoured onme with the "+1 more band", which i'd guess would have to be the Foos, considering they're confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 paniniter

i'm there if Gemma Hayes ll be there.
    she is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

The Foo's and RHCP is what i heard was so far for deff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

End of speculation.

Its on mcd.ie, RHCP, Foo Fighters and QOTSA to play. Four more band to be announced...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

dimissed played Pavement - cut your hair and stuff...
    i think the guys who produce it have a free role int he music.

ryan adams, eh right...

radiohead they play aswell, and a few tracks from the 70's and 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

kali-why owulndt rhcp and foo's be on the same line up?

dave grohl can get very stroppy, he did at tripp to tipp anyway.

mtv keep playing this chrstina aguilaera documentaries, it's really annoying me coz i always put on mtv on the treadmill to take my mind off the running part with the aid of music video's but now its just these constant christina diary of's, whatever time i go!! help!!!!

• Advertisement

oh dear raggamuffin,

you've let us all down. you remembered to include your obligatory judgemental comment per post (this time directed at a defenceless Ryan Adams), but you admitted to watching Dismissed.

You've blown your whole persona.
    You're ****ed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

PJ Harvey will be playing too

is there an actual source for that PJ Harvey thing?

or are you just spreading rumours about random names ot help add to the confusion?

What kind of assholes would do such a thing?
    *whispers*
    bowie at witnness bowie at witnness

Advertisement