Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game of all time!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Couldn't possibly pick an absolute fav game but heres a few

Oldies (tbh prolly pants now but they gave me the best gaming days of my life :p)

Jet Set Willy - Spectrum
    Sensible World of soccer - amiga600
    Karnov - sinclair

Console

SF2
    FF7
    RE 1

PC

Doom
    Diablo
    Starcraft

Can think of alot more but there just the ones that stand out atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

GTA:VC. Oh the perfection. I actually got up at 4am on launch day just to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Myg

Its a shame there are so many damn good games out there, but the best of all time comes from the following list, tho a few WERE BETA RELEASES of the game:

- Codename Eagle (multiplayer mode)
    - Final Fantasy 3 (US number system)
    - Chrono Trigger
    - Warbirds (1.09 - 2.77r3)
    - World War 2 online version 1.7.*(CAUSE THERE AINT ANYTHING ELSE LIKE IT!)
    - Ultima online (*shudder*, have to give it credit tho)
    - Raider Wars (beta version that actualy worked)
    - C&C:Sole Survivor BETA (was actualy quite cool)
    - C&C: Tiberium Dawn
    - Road Rash 3
    - Metal Slug 1 or 2 (most likely the 1st)
    - Total Annihilation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

The best game ever, in my opinion, would have to be Terranigma. It's kind of old. Back to the good old snes days. If you don't have it get it. Once again, it is the best game ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Listen to yourself Myg!! Tiberium dawn? only so many people know what your talking about there and thats the way you want it :p although u made me go straight to google and search those games i dont know. I wont even bother argueing with you about FF3, its good but...No! its just good, leave it at that :)

RPG- Chrono trigger all the way
    FPS - GoldenEye (The hours spent playing 4player, also halo)
    RTS - Red alert 2
    Strategy - civ II
    Racing - Road rash 2
    Platform - Metroid 3
    RealRacing - Gran turismo
    Beat 'em up - SF alpha 2 for snes/arcade

etc- Worms series, dungeon keeper, Lomu, Smash bros the list could go on for hours...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The Baldur's Gate series is fantastic. Played it through, and I'm currently halfway through 1 again with a character of different alignment. Classy, at the end of it all (Throne Of Bhall) there's four ways to finish it.

How come all you RPGers never mentioned Planescape: Torment yet? It's even deeper than BG, and far more detail went into the characters, so you really, truly care about how they develop, and they've all got secrets that unfold throughout the game, and somehow they're all linked to you. And the Bad guy is a clever idea, bit of a twist...

Might as well admit to playing Half Life, and Opposing Force, AND Blue Shift, through twice on the hard setting. The first FPS to really engross me.
    Thief was the second. And boy, what a second! Can't wait for Thief 3...:D

/me takes out bubble bursting pin™

I understand looking glass, developers of thief, have gone bankrupt cuz the games simply didnt sell enuff (and other more complicated reasons).

/me bursts sarky's bubble with bubble bursting pin™

There isnt gunna be a thief 3. There's still hope that im horribly wrong or that another company takes it up.

I read recently that another company has, in fact taken it up. It's going to revolve around the Keeper's end of things this time, and it'll use the Deus Ex 2 engine...

/Me blows another bubble...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Thief was originally meant to be a trilogy, so the third game always looked like a possibility even after Looking Glass went bust. I heard tales that Ion Storm might take to it...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Rnger

/me bursts sarky's bubble with bubble bursting pin™

There isnt gunna be a thief 3. There's still hope that im horribly wrong or that another company takes it up.

/me gets magic bubble repairing device

There is going to be Thief 3. Yes Ion Storm are doing it with Warren (Deus Ex/System Shock/Ultima Underwold) Spector at the helm.

• Advertisement

/Me grins widely while daydreaming of smacking guards over the head with his blackjack.

I hope they keep the voices of those two "comic relief" guards, y'know, the guy with the really gravelly voice and the smart one? They always made me laugh...

And God bless whoever came up with the multi-purpose insult that is "Taffer"

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ok, in no particular order

gta1
    gta3
    halflife
    age of empires1 ( i hated 2)
    Morrowind (it could have been the best game ever but its so flawed)
    ultima online

Originally posted by Myg

- C&C: Tiberium Dawn

:rolleyes:

Im unsure whut u mean by the post nemesis...

Anyways! Tiberium dawn was the 1st game known as C&C, then came tiberian sun and the next (if ever) was to be titled tiberium dusk. I know that from back in the day when C&C was my life.

Ahh k my mistake soz, when myg said some of the games he sapposidly think are the "best games of all time" were still in Beta i thought C&C tiberium dawn was the forthcomin one, thanks for clearin that up rnger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by MisterAnarchy
    'Ocarina of Time' is my favourite.
    A fantastic game years ahead of its time.

Ditto

Halflife, Homeworld and AvP1 are up there aswell though!

Pacman TBH.
    And Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands.

Remember the classics, kiddies, and respect them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Quake 3
    QuakeWorld
    Quake 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by ThrAx
    Quake 3
    QuakeWorld
    Quake 2

*sigh* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by ThrAx
    Quake 3
    QuakeWorld
    Quake 2
    Obviously plays unreal tournament and half life alot :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i wonder though does he like those quake games?

Advertisement