Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube MK Problem

Options
  • 25-02-2003 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Got Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance for the Gamecube today (from play.com). The problem is -- it doesn't load.

Put the disc in, turned the machine on - I get the gamecube logo, the screen fades to black and nothing happens.

If I turn the gamecube on with the lid open, close the lid, then the MK logo appears on the startup menu. When I select it, the screen goes black and nothing happens.

I've tried 3 other games (just to make sure it isn't the machine) and they work fine.

Anyone know whats up? Faulty disc?

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are some tiny scratches on the CD, but that shouldn't cause any problems. And yes, its definitely a PAL disk. :)

Nintendos site say that the disk should be replaced. Shite.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

well at least play.com are thrust worthy :) tell them what happened they will refund im sure !

I plugged out both controllers and memory cards, and the bloody thing worked!

Through process of elimination, it looks like the game won't boot with my second controller plugged in. Its the little budget controller that Argos are selling. Once the game is loaded, I can plug it back in and it works fine.

Weird, eh? :confused:

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Well TmB, I'm glad you figured it out.

Apparently the second controller has been known to cause start-up problems with MK: DA. Not sure where I've seen it described - CubeEurope or somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

is the game any good btw. I've always been mor eof a Street Fighter man tbh :)

• Advertisement

I've only played a bit of it... a few games of Arcade and a bit of Konquest (to learn the moves), but I really like it. Its gory, gorgeously animated and alot of fun. What more could you ask for? :)

The game disk has some extra features on it too, like a documentary about the history of MK, a documentary on the making of MK:DA, and a music video by Adema.

- Dave.

Q for those who have played it. How do you do Sub Zeros Freeze and Slide move? (i.e. freeze them and use them as a snowboard!).

Can't find it in the moves list.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

erm, if i can remember,

for freeze = press down thru to right and low punch (like ha-do-ken)
    for slide , it differs form some,

but try = back with low kick, low punch and block at the same time

i'm prob. mixing up the move ur looking for with a old one

Advertisement