Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mario sunshine ?

Options
  • 25-02-2003 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

is it any good ? when i buy my gamecube i was thinking of geting it along with the cube...

whats it lioke ?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Its great fun. Camera controls can be a little fussy and downright frustrating on occasion but i still enjoyed playing it the whole way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

It's allright, nothing special but good fun. It's very ****ing frustrating some times though. I would recommend it but if you hate jumping over platforms and the like steer well clear. It'll last you a while too theres 120 shines to collect.. I'm on 89 now I think. Anyone actually found them all? Shines are becoming pretty hard to come across for me now..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cool thanks...still havnt found a gamecube seller though !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I was holding out on even playing sunshine until i got meself a gamecube. But it was in a friends house so i had a go. Its very disappointing to be honest. When i heard it was basically just a sequel to mario 64 with the same controls and whatnot, i thought it was a great idea. But its not, the camera is annoying at times. The way the game shows depth is probably the worst thing tho, you constantly outjump things, which isnt helped by the camera which refuses to show you where you are going to be, and without manually moving it in mid-jump, you're shagged.

Huge pity this game, i had expected a whole lot more.

well maybe u should play for a bit and it might change your mind :)

• Advertisement

I did, played it for a good few hours, just got bored.
    Its no Mario64, just turned on resident evil instead.

If your looking for a new Gamecube, it might be worth holding out till next month. There is a Metroid Prime Gamecube bundle being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like Mario Sunshine. Got a bit bored with it after a few worlds (to be honest, I got stuck!), but came back and I'm about 75% through it now. I just can't finish the level in Pinna Park where you have to climb up the back of of the ride thats out of control (Episode 5 or 6). The camera is a disaster.... anyone got any tips? :)

- Dave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love it. Definitely the second best game of last year only beaten by FFX. Ignore the naysayers. It's not as good as Mario 64 but it's a worthy sequel.

TmB that level is without doubt the worst the camera gets. It isnt too hard to do though. You just need to take your time and keep on setting the camera to be behind mario and use free look. Once you get halfway through it, the rest is easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Its an good game, but you will get bored way too quickly.
    I managed to get 100 shines before throwing it at the bottom of "the pile".

Rogue Squadron owns my pants.

this is the order of games im gonna get ( once i buy my gamecube)....

-Mario
    -Eternal Darkness
    -Metroid
    -Zelda

(monkey ball 2 maybe) !
    (resident evil zero maybe) !
    whatchas think ?

I loved every minute of Starfox Adventures.... should be one to consider!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i got a second hand gamecube from game in limerick at the weekend for 99euros. that was just for console and 1 controller and cables etc. I got another controller and a memory card and also eternal darkness and super smash brothers melee. I've not playd eternal darkness yet but been playing a good bit of smash brothers.
    Is there a mario cart type game for the cubE?

Mario Kart GC is in development at the moment.

- Dave.

where did you get one for 100 euros ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

game in limerick, it was second hand, but made no difference to me, it was in excellent condition. no manual or box but i would have just thrown that out anyhow. They gave me a 3month guarantee with it which is decent considering its second hand.

got it today - not really impressed ! but what the hey it might get beter....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Tusky its alright. I didn't play it for ages at first and was going to giv it back but then i got into it and its decent enough. i play it like once a week and get about 5 sprites each time so its gonna take me ages to finish.

U wanna know a good game to get for the cube btw?
    Capcom vs SNK 2 (I know bugs will disagree) u can get it in game for 35 euro first hand. It's basically one of the best versions of street fighter ever made with loads of new characters. giv it a whirl!

Yes, yes i will :)

• Advertisement

i usually dont like those games....the fireballs that take like 5 minutes to scross screen etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Horsefumbler
    U wanna know a good game to get for the cube btw?
    Capcom vs SNK 2 (I know bugs will disagree) u can get it in game for 35 euro first hand. It's basically one of the best versions of street fighter ever made with loads of new characters. giv it a whirl!

Its an amazing game of what i played. I played like 5 mins in hmv one day. pity about the simplified specials. If any1 has played any of the new SF games to death theyll see how bloody ez it is to do akumas best move, YOU JUST PRESS DOWN ON C!!! i was like... i dunno! but u had to press like 6 buttons in the arcade/snes version( SF alpha 2). Capcom have gone soft... making it user friendly for the newbies!! None the less get it.

Its Capcom Versus SNK EO, the EO being Easy Operation. I was under the impression you can turn it off within the game to return to actually having to do the motions. Either way, its a horror of a game.

in that case what would you recomend bugs ?

Fighting game wise, the GC has nothing, not yet anyway.
    If i was you, i'd wait for soul calibur 2. Been playing it in the arcades for a bit and it seems pretty good. Both fun and technical.
    Resident evil looks great, and resident evil zero is going down well in america.
    Other than that, its all personal preference, even with the above its that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Bugs dosent sound like a real nintendo fan where tusky, u do. If you are lots of mediocre games can be fun.
    I suggest -Monkey ball, can be a great laugh with friends smash bros melee also

pld monkey ball :D its a great laugh....but i think ill wait for monkey ball 2 !

Not particularily a nintendo fan. Middle of the road games seems to be all they've been cranking out since the N64, with the very odd good game to stop their fans from loosing the plot.
    Had an N64, found it too hard to count the worthwhile games on one hand, so unless something drastic happens, i can't see why the gamecube is much different. Ps2 is the same, but they crank out much more games, granted, mostly cr4p but as a result they have a higher percentage of worthwhile games.

Originally posted by bugs
    Not particularily a nintendo fan. Middle of the road games seems to be all they've been cranking out since the N64, with the very odd good game to stop their fans from loosing the plot.
    Had an N64, found it too hard to count the worthwhile games on one hand, so unless something drastic happens, i can't see why the gamecube is much different. Ps2 is the same, but they crank out much more games, granted, mostly cr4p but as a result they have a higher percentage of worthwhile games.

some of that is true most of it is bull shiot :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement