Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen on RTÉ

Options
  • 26-02-2003 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

hey did anyone catch the fames playing a gig in a church for RTE today.
    it seems this chruch gig thing is going to be a weekly event with different singers and bands and stuff.
    i had no idea....

the frames sounded pretty good i thought.

so who knows more about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

yeah, Other Voices, filmed last December-ish in a church in Dingle i believe. A series of 10 shows, every tuesday showcasing "new irish singers and songwriters" or something along those lines. Glen hosts it every week, it'll have people like Damo Rice, Mundy, Nina Hynes and Damien Dempsey. Im sure there's info on it somewhere around RTE little corner of the web. I think there was a short bit of info on Damien Rice's website a while back.

Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

It was awful hehehe

Glen kind of looks like mick hucknall, although he's not that embarassing yet (check ut simply red's new video).

ME: hey mum that ginger guy there is form the frames and the commitments, remember the guitarist
    HEr: oh yeh, this music is very boring change the channel
    ME: *changes channel* man utd had scored again, ****! (i blame glen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

yeah i caught it alright. i really think glen came off alot better on the phantom live night a while back. But i enjoyed the show, especially the 'star star' song. Will definitely be watching again next week........unless of course i forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i didn't see it last night, but it is kind of worrying in two major areas. firstly, the list of people they're planning on interviewing/showcasing/whatever include damien rice, munday, nina hynes etc etc. hardly new and innovative. and secondly, the first episode features the frames. how egotistical is that?

but then it's not really surprising when RTE team up with Glenn Hansard. kudos to glenn for the idea of the programme (ie, showcasing new original irish music) just to bad his ego and the lack of actual original music stood in the way. oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

irish music, please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

I personally find Irish music mundane for the most part but i feel that patience is a virtue which people like Raggamuffin have no concept of in any aspect of their lives. Bands can hardly be expected to be immediately fantastic granted the odd one or two will be but for the most part greatness is something that can be worked on and develope...

This is just me passing on a brief message ill delete it shortly hehe!
    Revenge is sweet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i dont get it, why's it in a church? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

who knows maybe they were just looking for a really cheap in door venue.

Advertisement