Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Slane Ever!!!

• 26-02-2003 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Foo Fighters
    Queens of the Stone Age

Oh My God!!!! and il miss it!! feckin holidays!!!!!!

THat'll be class!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Agghh its terrible!!
    The Chillis are not the best live band and they have played 3 gigs here in recent times,
    Foo Fighters are fine
    But its a let down of a line up after the last 2 slanes:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I have to disagree, that is a class line up compared to previous years imo. I'm difinitly buying my ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ive been to last few slanes and this one is the best imo - NELLY RETARDO was like omg :) moby wasnt great live.....u2 were ok i guess ( i hate u2) and then there was like - brian adams ewwww etc ! this is definally a good line up ! love to see Queens live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Personally i thought Moby was class. He is a great performer, really grabbed the crowd.

U2 were the best ever in Slane. I'm a big U2 fan. The whole performance, the stage, the songs, the atmosphere. It was mad.

Red Chilli's have great music, but fail to get the crowd going.

Nickelback, in my opinion, where the best act last year, I'd love to see them return again.

Then, bryan adams? what can I say, was a big let down!

Those of ye that are going to slane this year, I hope ye'll enjoy it, unfortunately I'll miss it cos I'll be in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

REM,
    Oasis,
    Spearhead,
    Belly

I thought that was a good enough gig. It's the only one I've been at though. To be honest huge outdoor gigs are kinda **** I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

PJ Harvey also confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dates?
    How much for tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Fi_C**

Probably gonna miss it too unless I stay in Ireland for da summer just to see Metallica and go to Slane... Dunno wot I'll do... Is the US worth it.
    Gotta agree with Memphis there
    "Red Chilli's have great music, but fail to get the crowd going."
    I love the Chilli's but...
    Went to them last summer
    and atmosphere wasn't great...
    Still though , drink enough and you can create your own atmosphere!!
    Da Foo Fighters and Queens will be F**kin deadly though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

I really enjoyed the Chillies last year: true the vocals were a bit fu*cked up but it was a great show in the end.

The Foos instead were quite a let down. I expected them to ROCK and they turned out to be too happy and poppy for my likes...

However, I'll be there... Look forward to the QOTSA too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I think chilies are excellent live. they really got the crowd going at slane with u2. it was class!! and they way they did helicopter with all the shirts in the air was cool!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Both bands (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters) have played Ireland on many occasions, so here they are again...

However, the other acts are far more interesting. Queens of the Stone Age are a very good live band, and since people missed out on Queens of the Stone Age's Ambassador show last year, its the best opportunity to see them again. And PJ Harvey hasn't played Ireland in five years or something, so its good to have her return after such a long time.

All in all, this line-up totally surpasses last year. However, I will not be going. I will see all you Reading Festival-goers on the same weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Ive heard mention of the Dandy Warhols and The Frames aswell.
    Its going to be a great rock show. I cant wait for that now. I missed both the Foos and QOTSA last year so this should make up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    Agghh its terrible!!
    The Chillis are not the best live band and they have played 3 gigs here in recent times,
    Foo Fighters are fine
    But its a let down of a line up after the last 2 slanes:(

This kinda thing just annoys me. People like you who have nothing to do better with themselves than argue at any given chance.

Let down my ASS!!! BRING ON THE CHILLIES!!!!!

AND THE FOOS!!!!!!!!!

AND THE QUEENS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WHOEVER THE **** ELSE IS GONNA BE THERE COS I'LL BE PISSED!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

that u2 slane was ok. i really loved u2, always have, but that last album was the biggest pile of pi$$, had no balls what so ever!
    yeah, chillis rocked at it. i missedd both the queens and foos when they both played here last.

reckon grohl will drum for the queens???
    ya never know!!!

pj harvey aswell?

sweet as the proverbial nut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

QOTSA QOTSA QOTSA QOTSA QOTSA QOTSA QOTSA QOTSA

thats what ill be looking at through drunk eyes at quite possibly the best gig evor!

plus lots of CHILLiS! yay

and i saw the foo fighters during the year they were pretty good!

but more emphasis on the other two!

Advertisement