Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any body think a Rock Festival in Stradbally in Laois is a bit funny??

• 26-02-2003 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Linkin Park and Metallica will be playin in Stradbally, Co. Laois next year for a 2 or 3 day festival in association with Reading Festival!! - right first of all sweet!!

But come on its Stradbally, its no where!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

and what sprawling metropolis are you from????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

i think its a great idea, bringing some tourism to stradbally, ive driven through it a number of times, tis rather small but a concert in the middle of nowhere is a great idea , can be easier to control

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Where did u get that info from?
    I cant see stradbally being able for a gig like that but then again slane copes,
    And stradbally is often the setting for metal/rock bands anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

im sure if the likes of those bands are gonna be playing there , they have surely done background check on the capacity of the place , i think there is some estate there that they use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Stradbally, from next year, is having "Reading Ireland", all the acts from the Reading Festival in England on alternate days.

Its in the grounds of the estate there, same place that has the Steam Rally on August Bank Holiday weekends.

Fair play to them. I bet Kells Town Council are kicking themselves now. They had asked the Mean Fiddler group for a rock festival, then Kells got cold feet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

asshole.

why the hell shouldn't it be there?

Stradbally Estate is the roughly the same size as Slane.

/me keels ore at thoughts of havink to work that weekend. :(

gonna be some amount o ppl there.

Bout time the Midlands got something of this sort anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

most people who live in the midlands probably would know where it is and i think its much fairer on the whole country to have it in a central point. what if you lived in kerry, cork, galway, sligo, donegal, wicklow, tipp etc etc etc and you had to go all the way to slane??? i know id much rather go to stradbally. all the dubs will whinge cos they wont get be able to get a dublin bus there. i think its a great idea. stradbally is the same size as slane, the grounds are just as big/nice and its a central point in ireland which will make it easier for the masses to get to.

dear dubs: pluck up the courage to stray more then 20 miles from the nearest dart station or the m50 and see what the rest of the country it like.

signed: ireland.

and crash i know you're from laois the dubs jibe isnt for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

all the dubs will whinge cos they wont get be able to get a dublin bus there.

I dont think Dublin Buses usually go to slane either,but they prob will go to stradbally for the occasion as they do Slane,
    The only problem with stradbally is thats it is only easy to get to from the midlands,Dublin and Limerick least with Dublin u can get there from every county in ireland

dear dubs: pluck up the courage to stray more then 20 miles from the nearest dart station or the m50 and see what the rest of the country it like.

They have to leave dublin to go to Slane dont they?

• Advertisement

dublin bus do go to slane but i seriously doubt they'll go to stradbally. all im saying is its about time a decent festival was held in the midlands again. I just think its much fairer on the rest of country rather then always having everything held in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

well said pclancy.

gwan the mightly Midlands!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Im not knockin the idea of havin it in stradbally it just seems a bit strange havin a rock festival in laois. we've never had any real good concert in laois and know they finally have one!! it'll be class but kinda strange!

guns and roses promoters looked into having them play in o'moore park in portlaoise in the 80s during a european tour but the local council and garda objected saying the town could not hand the kind of numbers expected to attend. now that would have been class.

Advertisement