Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metroid prime videos !

Options
  • 26-02-2003 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

i just got a cd free with a magazine wich has loads of metroid videos and omfg omfg omfg its to drool over ! the graphics are amazing and the music is fantastic !!! these are soem of the best graphics ive seen tbh - at least on gamecube !

nightvision and x-ray vision look amazing too - and the zoom function left me flabbergasted :) wait and see for yourself.....
    there was also some zelda videos on the disk which also look great !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stupid question of the day: What magazine? :)

Is it DVD? PC CDROM?

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Damn thought there was links in here to said videos.

No way in frikkin hell im buying a mag to look at videos.

:(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

its a DVD - independant nintendo gaming its called :)
    i advice u to pick it up just for the videos... theres over 10 zelda ones each a cuple of mins long ! and the same with metroid :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I picked up NGC yesterday which comes with the videos. Metroid Prime lloks like a far better game than Halo or any PC fps. The graphics look far more well defined and it runs much faster than Halo. The space pirates are really agressive a look like they will scare the ****e out of you.

As for Zelda. I knew it would be a good game. Then I saw the video. This game looks plain amazing. If you think the graphics aren't good then wait til you see the volcano levels and the boss in motion. It's absolutely fantastic and on par with metroid prime as the nicest looking console game at the moment. It looks like great fun as well and scripting has been added to the dungeons to make them more cinematic.

If you bought an xbox during christmas you're going to be sorry in the coming months. All the xbox will have will be halo and some crap american developed games. The gamecube is getting lots of high quality and two absolute classics.

i agree retrogamer - i was taken back when i saw the videos of zelda and metroid ..... and eternal darkness is great too :D (only started playing it yesterday) im geting mario tonight -hope it done lemmy down -
    gwan the gamecube :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Yeah I picked up NGC yesterday which comes with the videos. Metroid Prime lloks like a far better game than Halo or any PC fps. The graphics look far more well defined and it runs much faster than Halo. The space pirates are really agressive a look like they will scare the ****e out of you.

Zelda snipped...

If you bought an xbox during christmas you're going to be sorry in the coming months. All the xbox will have will be halo and some crap american developed games. The gamecube is getting lots of high quality and two absolute classics.

As far as Im aware, (a) Metroid Prime is a totally different game than Halo and (b) Metroid Prime was released at least a year after Halo. Im really looking forward to MP too, but you do it no justice with such oddball and biased sounding comparisons.

Cant you promote one console without thrashing another??

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I saw a video of MP a while ago and did look good but why is every1 saying this game is going to b so good? I'm not dissing it or anything i'm just not aware of how it differs to other fps games at the moment. Can sum1 tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

[GAMING-AGE/IGN]IT'S NOT AN FPS FFS, IT'S AN FPA!!!!1![/GAMING-AGE/IGN]

(FPA = First person adventure)Apparently :rolleyes:

But seriously, if you've played the 2d metroids, this plays exactly the same way, lots of exploring, when you return to a room enemies you cleared will return as if never killed.

I can just imagine how boring the game would be if they didn't have it that way, you have to backtrack alot to collect things with your new abilities, if there was nothing left to fight, the game would just be boring.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metroid Prime is more about exploration than killing hordes of bad guys, although there is enough of that in it. It's also got loads of innovations, too many to list. One of the best is the visor view. Your visor reacts to the enviroment so when you walk through steam it fogs up and theres lots more. Also it's the only fps with decent bosses.

I a bit over the top on xbox bashing. I just think that it doesn't deserve to be doing as good as it is since there are really only two good games on it while nintendo have an onslaught of quality at the moment. I can understand the position in europe but not in america. Anyway you can be sure that MP will be a Halo beater.

read for yourself....:rolleyes: ( and they are usually hard on games...dont hand out high scores easy....)

http://cube.ign.com/articles/376/376866p1.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Damn thought there was links in here to said videos.

No way in frikkin hell im buying a mag to look at videos.

:(

kdjac

god damn it, i taught there was a link here :mad:
    don't ya just hate it when ya have to go and find the movies for yourself....

here is a link to a metroid prime movie....

its in quick time format :(

dosn't work here in college so i can't see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

there is quite a lot of computer console/pc games shows here on finnish tv. one of them about 6 weeks ago had metroid prime on it. they showed about 10minutes of in game action... and despite not being a console person whatsoever i spent a few hours working out how i could afford to buy a gamecube and the game. it looked amazing.

dw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

anybody got a link to one of the vids in an mpeg or avi format?

a game that marries my favourite genre with my favourite character sounds like the mutts nuts tbh, i've only seen a couple of pics & that short clip on the mtv winterjam ad (drool) so far.
    it looks set to become the reason to buy a cube.
    (if only they had vice city:( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I got the same mag today and the Metroid videos whoop ass!
    Zelda looked better than I expected it to be but I'm not a fan of the new type of graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have to admit MP looks good. Although graphically it’s hard to compare it to Halo. They both excel in different areas.

Having not played it yet (I’m sure most of you guys haven’t either) it’s hard to say if it’s a great game. I don’t believe the reviewers :P

The only bad thing I can say about it so far is that there seems to very little imagination gone into the weapons or at least the weapons skin..

Time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got the mag over the weekend. Metroid looks excellent, but Zelda blew me away - the game looks incredible. Anyone know about its lastability? How long does it take to complete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

got that mag too. the boss in zelda where u use the new hookshot looks amazing. btw i read it takes just as long to complete as ocarina of time

Originally posted by StarScream
    btw i read it takes just as long to complete as ocarina of time

its suposed to be ALOT longer then ocarnia...

Advertisement