Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Do You Want From Me!?

• 26-02-2003 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

Afternoon all.

Just browsing this board, and a question popped into my head (well where else would it pop?):

What are bands looking for nowadays?

I mean, I've played music since I could reach the piano keys, but I certainly wouldn't advertise myself to some of the people looking for musicians here (no offence intended). That's because I've never played in a band before, and basically don't have the money to go upgrading my instruments.
    Does anyone need acoustic guitarists anymore?

Like I said, I've played piano since low infants and am Grade 8 qualified, and I've been playing acoustic guitar for the past two years. Influences mainly Bowie, Manics, REM, Oasis (:rolleyes:), Blur and everything by Radiohead (I do mean everything!).

But who would want me? Everyone likes Tool *sniff*

Epitaph
    Blowing it all outta proportion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'd say its quite easy to form a band with your influences. You should start locally, jam with people you know, even if it is just a singer.
    Try practicing with them for a while, and get a few covers or originals down. When you're comfortable with the band setting, you can either get gigs, or move on to another band.
    I remember when I started out. I just jammed some songs by Radiohead like Just and My Iron Lung (yes I knew everything by them too :) ) Or some Oasis :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

hey PM me if your interested in starting up a band / partnership with a likeminded fellow (musically speaking of course)

BTW I'm on the Northside

Advertisement