Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake is crap, long live Quake 2

Options
  • 13-03-1998 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

Since getting Quake 2, and playing it constantly since I got it, I'd stopped playing quake on the internet. Thought I'd try it out again last weekend, and it's complete crap compared to Quake 2. The only good thing about Quake now is that it will run on lower spec PC's. Anyone who plays Quake and says that Quake 2 is useless has their head up their ar*e

Of course, thats just my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Quake II v's Quake I Feature on Qamex shortly..

btw.. U obviously dont play much net quake if u
    think its crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Quake II v's Quake I Feature on Qamex shortly..

: btw.. U obviously dont play much net quake if u
    : think its crap!

Well, I have. I played Quake, QuakeWorld, CTF, Team Fortress, in fact all of the major TC's from when Quake was released. We played it constantly on our LAN at work, and I was online most weekends. However, work commitments meant I stopped playing online around last June, and only started again when I got Quake 2.

I tried playing Quake last weekend, rather than Quake 2, and it just looked so poor in comparison, and the weapons just don't have the same variety. It was a culture shock going back to quake.

Crap was probably a crap word to use, possibly obsolete would be better.

: : Quake II v's Quake I Feature on Qamex shortly..

: : btw.. U obviously dont play much net quake if u
    : : think its crap!

: Well, I have. I played Quake, QuakeWorld, CTF, Team Fortress, in fact all of the major TC's from when Quake was released. We played it constantly on our LAN at work, and I was online most weekends. However, work commitments meant I stopped playing online around last June, and only started again when I got Quake 2.

: I tried playing Quake last weekend, rather than Quake 2, and it just looked so poor in comparison, and the weapons just don't have the same variety. It was a culture shock going back to quake.

: Crap was probably a crap word to use, possibly obsolete would be better.

Right,

I play online quite a bit. I mainly play Quake CTF but have been known to dabble in a little DM. Since Quake2 came out I have played Q2DM online as well. Quake2 is a lovely looking game and great in single player mode but it lacks the atomsphere and pace of Quake, in fact it feels dead in comparison. Quake is still King, Long live the King.

All the best,

Gandalf (Not doing a tap of work today.....:-) )

: : : Quake II v's Quake I Feature on Qamex shortly..

: : : btw.. U obviously dont play much net quake if u
    : : : think its crap!

: : Well, I have. I played Quake, QuakeWorld, CTF, Team Fortress, in fact all of the major TC's from when Quake was released. We played it constantly on our LAN at work, and I was online most weekends. However, work commitments meant I stopped playing online around last June, and only started again when I got Quake 2.

: : I tried playing Quake last weekend, rather than Quake 2, and it just looked so poor in comparison, and the weapons just don't have the same variety. It was a culture shock going back to quake.

: : Crap was probably a crap word to use, possibly obsolete would be better.

: Right,

: I play online quite a bit. I mainly play Quake CTF but have been known to dabble in a little DM. Since Quake2 came out I have played Q2DM online as well. Quake2 is a lovely looking game and great in single player mode but it lacks the atomsphere and pace of Quake, in fact it feels dead in comparison. Quake is still King, Long live the King.

: All the best,

: Gandalf (Not doing a tap of work today.....:-) )

And the ButcherOfNog retorts..

Must be something in the air, I've done sod all today as well :)

Got the HIV clan web site sort of ready to go up, I'll post the URL tonite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Obi

: Quake II v's Quake I Feature on Qamex shortly..

: btw.. U obviously dont play much net quake if u
    : think its crap!

ahem.
    I lpayed a HELL of a lot of net q1. And I can verify that q2 is indeed better than q1 on the net IMHO,
    obi

• Advertisement
Advertisement