Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

condoms!!

• 26-02-2003 4:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

ok whats the deal with condoms like practically everytime i use them, they break do i need a bigger size condom but ive never seen them in a pharmacy or anything!!

this problem is getting really annoying lately as i have to stop everytime it breaks. also dont really want to go into the extra extra strong one cause its like wearing a tractor tyre!!!
    so what can i do!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah Breaking has got to do with Size

I suggest the following :

Walk into the Johny Shop and go up to the hottest female (male doesn't work) and say

"Can I have a pack of Extra-Large Condoms" (winking is optional)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

more than likely your putting them on wrong, if you leave air in them it can cause the condom to burst. Seriously its not just a case of firing it at youre knob you have to put it on properly, like make sure your foreskin is back and that you hold the tip(teat) of the condom while you put it on, to keep the air out. I cant think of any other reason why it would break and i doubt if you are that big enough to break it....

one question what exactly are you trying to ****, cuz condoms and holes in trees dont mix....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I been using durex extra-safe ones and i dunno, they must be soo small but they restrict bloodflow to my willie. I find they're too small and I can never get them on properly. This is a prob for me cos my girlfriend gets worried about it and doesnt let me stick my willie in as far as I'd like to. They never break though.

The Mates ones were OK.

There's those durex gossamer ones - the non latex ones - they're thin and pretty strong and the good thing is they're a bit bigger so you should try them. Problem is they're WAY too expensive.

try durex comfort they are bigger, i find that sometimes using a smaller one that is slightly uncomfortable lets you go on for longer, making that girl that youre on think that youre either 'some man 4 one man' or not interested in her in the slightest and just poking her for fun. Either way its a bonus......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

have you tried looking at the Durex site at all?? here's an example of some useful info you might happen to find there...
    I find condoms too tight, do you make any large sizes?

Natural latex condoms are designed to fit a wide range of the population – the material they are made from is very elastic. You will come across different designs, and the best advice is to try different types until you find one that suits you. You could try Durex Comfort, which is a slightly larger condom for a more comfortable fit. Durex Avanti, the revolutionary non-latex male condom is also slightly bigger.
    Why do some condoms fail?

No method of contraception can provide 100% protection against pregnancy or STI's. A vast majority of condom failures due to slippage or breakage arise because people are not using the condom correctly – for example by using additional lubricants which are oil-based, tearing the condom with fingernails, or not holding on to the condom when the penis is withdrawn from the vagina.

• Advertisement

ya finger nails are a no no, never let a woman put it on their nails are usually far sharper than a mans(not saying that our finger nails wouldnt do it) as are clitoral or any other vaginal pirceings, dangerous thingys they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Orlie

Ok people condoms are dodgy anyway... Tell the gal to be responsible and go on the pill!

Don't mind the rubbish about putting on weight...

The pill protects in 3 ways:

1: the gal doesn't release an egg
    2: if this fails... the "wall" growth is inhibited so implanation won't occur
    3: if this fails, normal secretions become stickier and block the cervix (opening to womb).

The pill is the only way to go. No worries, and if you know someones sexual history ain't too bad then ya don't need condoms.

Extra Safe condoms reduce pleasure. Gals liked ribbed, or Mates Extra Sensitive!

;)

hey Orlie wanna meet up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

pill + condoms. best way to go.

when condoms break its usually 'ocs you aren't putting them on right. has anyone ever actually read the sheet of instructions on a pack ?

Well it could mean that the condom is just faulty... if ya let a condom out of the packet for a while it dries out quicker... so be sure you're gonna when ya open the packet!

But at the same time don't let yourself get TOO excited otherwise you'll just rip it open....

Generally "larger" males experience the condom breaking more....

er.... so i've heard...

:)

• Advertisement

yes i read the sheet in the pack,not only that but i collect them, foregin ones are the best they ares so funny. i have about 3000 now

Originally posted by Orlie
    Ok people condoms are dodgy anyway... Tell the gal to be responsible and go on the pill!
    yes but the pill is only effective if used right
    the following situations are Very bad :

Getting sick on the pill : depends on time of taking-pill/getting sick, if close together could be the equililent of not taking it at all

Missing the pill : with 12hrs .. ok(but be careful) .. over 12hrs, you are unprotected for 7days .. 80% of pregancys whilst someone is on the pill is caused by this
    miss it twice inside 7 days and its gone for the month

taking it twice : if you miss a pill, and take it twice it is dangerous

Thats why so many twats say .. I can't be preggeries I was on the pill

Well if the gal is on the pill in the first place she should have the cop on to take it right.

You'd be surprised how many gals say... "ah f**k it what 5 hours in the difference"....

Oh and taking the pill twice can be dangerous depending on the strength of the pill...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eh, how old are the condoms? Are they lubricated?

ya and do you carry them around in your wallet for weeks on end where they could get damaged

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

cheers for the reply and yea my girlfriend is on the pill too but we use both and im very dodgey about getting someone pregers especially at my age!!

seems strange to me but ive tried all different kinds and they still break!! and i think im putting them on right maybe need to check it out more though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Wear a tesco shopping bag! there 15c do which is rip off.

be carefull when you check your condomputtingon abilities, dont stare directly into its eye, thats what it wants you to do, oh he's a little crafty begger. I once had the miss foftune of staring directly into his eye while i was in the shower it took 30 mins of vigorous wrestling to break free his grasp over my mind(and my grasp of his head), i'll never do that again.........:D

or the bags at vegtable counters they are free and re-useable if you turn them inside out...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

lol mooman!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Do they not tend to be a bit bulky to carry around though Sposs?

tis no laughing matter jank many a strong minded lad has been lost to the powerfull will of the male bed snake(elmailiusbedsnakius) he preys on those of a post pubescent age and fills there heads with rot and their pants with filth of a sticky nature, evil critters dey are.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by jonno
    Do they not tend to be a bit bulky to carry around though Sposs?

Not at all there all the rage,they look very Stylish bulging outta your wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Guys can we stick to serious replies. Some people may actually try that out - who knows!

no gordon no one should ever attempt to look into its eye, till be the end of you....

Seriously though you are right no matter how stupid something seems someone will have done it already....

Yes mooman, like writing non-serious replies after being asked not to write non-serious replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Avanti's your only man. Not only are they bigger, they're stronger and more sensitive. The problem with the material they're made of is that it's not as stretchy as latex so if you're a bit bigger than your average bear they're not very comfortable (or easy) to put on.

But they take some serious force to break (I tried).

As mentioned on another thread - Never use an oil based lubricant with condoms, it can break down the structure.

• Advertisement

I would avoid the Durex Avanti. Yes, it's wider than average but because it's non latex it doesn't stretch at all so in reality it's a tighter fit than a standard sized latex condom. The Avanti is also relatively short.

Someone recommended Durex Comfort as a larger condom - these condoms have been discontinued from the irish and uk markets. However Durex have recently introduced a new standard for its condoms which it refers to as "easy-on". Easy-on condoms are longer and slightly wider than average and are available in several models (Fetherlite etc.)

The largest condom that I know of is the Trojan Magnum XL. Don't think it's sold anywhere in this country but can be bought online eg at
    http://www.bigboycondoms.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Hmm, not that I'm an expert (here he goes again :) ) but aren't there cancer risks involved in using the pill, my G/f won't use them cause she's afraid of some form of Cancer. Also Perhaps jank your partner isn't wet enough :) If she is not wet enough inside this can dry out the condom and cause it to split (try using KY jelly or get her more in the mood)

Also I'm not much of a "Fast Newbie" with 0.09 post per day am I? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I used to use Durex featherlites, cant remember why I changed, but Mates in the red box, think it's the sensitive ones are just the job. Long, easy on, funny material but well sensitive and loadsa lube.

Besides maybe putting it on incorrectly Jank, have you considered that you might be banging the hole just a little too hard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Originally posted by mooman_00
    ya and do you carry them around in your wallet for weeks on end where they could get damaged

/cough/ or years :(

Originally posted by Kell
    I used to use Durex featherlites, cant remember why I changed, but Mates in the red box, think it's the sensitive ones

Aye mates are actually wider than any Durex condoms as far as I know. They always worked for me, while trying durex was like trying to... eh... I don't know... push something really large into a really small hole!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Sniipe
    If she is not wet enough inside this can dry out the condom and cause it to split (try using KY jelly or get her more in the mood)

Shouldn't that be his job and not the loob's?

RE: Pil Vs Condom/diaphragm
    I wouldn't ask my girlfriend to go on the pill, male condoms would be the first stop, and/or the female condom (I know this isn't nearly as easy to "apply", requiring a doctor to insert it don't they?).
    It doens't seem half as right to go fucking around (no pun intended) with her biology just so you can get your jollies.

...course, there's always anal.....

cue >*smack*<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Switch to Boots own brand they are much more reliable than durex,Durex seem to bust on a regular basis especially if you loveplay includes any ammount of lateral movement,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

If you are in a relationship with regular sex, I would not rely on the condom soley. There are too many possibilities of the little buggers getting around the place. Hands tend to go everywhere and they can bring pre-cum ( tech term ? ) where it shouldn't go.

They can also tear.....

Stick with either just the pill, or pill and condom if you wake up in the night in a cold sweat hearing the echo of a baby screaming in your dream.

Avanti are excellent. Expensive though.

Out of curiosity, any ladies out there using the coil ? Either variants, copper or plastic ones.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

[...]

The pill is the only way to go. No worries, and if you know someones sexual history ain't too bad then ya don't need condoms.

Jesus, how about you be responsible and use condoms regardless of whether or not she's on the pill.

the weight gain isn't a myth for some people. and whats a "bad" sexual history.

TBH unless you've both been tested for everything in an STI clinic and been ok then there's no "safe" way, you can get some STIs not just through sex.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

One thing about being sick on the pill -- there's a new pill type out there, it's basically an injection into muscle in your side and the chemicals are released constantly in tiny doses, so being sick/forgetting them can be a thing of the past.

As for putting on the condoms, make sure you squeeze the air out the them and then hold it with the air out while putting it on (can help to get your partner to help/do it for you)

And the pre-cum thing - yes kiddies (for those who dont know) - pre-cum can get you preggers!

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

smiles, is the injection into the muscle your talking about depo provera(not sure
    of spelling)? If it is then every girl should stay clear of it. Iv yet to hear a good
    story with regard it. My own experience included.

Also for those considering just using the pill as contraception. Make sure that
    your gf/you tell the doctor that she/you is on the pill if she/you ever need to get
    anitbiotics. Quite shocking how many stories Iv heard where a girl got
    preggers because of an antibiotic counteracting the pill.

Have fun,
    A.

• Advertisement

nothing worse than when your gf says that she thinks she missed a day or two of taking it and that she might be preggers, the only thing is that its your own fault aswell for not wearing a condom, still though its agony waiting around for a result, dont get me wrong im sure its far worse for the girl, but jesus lads its some dose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

This bothers me. You never know anyones sexual history unless they go for a full STD and HIV test. I remember a mate meeting a guy in a suit in Stephens green and the guy was crying. He'd been married for 15 years and had contracted HIV from his wife. He'd been on the piss for two days since he'd found out. The unfortunate fact is you never really know anyone's sexual history, because they don't necessarily know the sexual history of their previous partners. Sad really isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jes'Shout!

RE" "The unfortunate fact is you never really know anyone's sexual history, because they don't necessarily know the sexual history of their previous partners. Sad really isn't .

Finally, a voice of reason arises from the wilderness!

God didn't make that stuff sweet enough to die a slow and painful death for it. (And as we all know, it can be mighty sweet!)

Strap on yer raincoats lads and let yer minds relax so you can fully enjoy the ride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

What sort of moron doesn't use a condom?

For god's sake. No wonder STDs are on the rise and you see so many kids with kids these days.

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

quote:What sort of moron doesn't use a condom?

you'd be surprised at the amount of seemingly intelligent people who still take the chance. Whether it be that they were too pissed or off their head. I don't understand myself maybe underneath they have a death wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think you will find that safe sex is the responsibilty of both parties.

condoms are not dodgey. they protect not only against unwanted pregnancy, but also against infection.

next time you think about have sex without a condom outside of a 'safe' relationship, just remember the figure -

28 million.

thats the amount of people that die every year from AIDS.

its a big number.
    condoms cost a quid.

thats a small number.

be sensible people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Vote Eamo For Boards.ie Welfare Officer 2003/04

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

I found Durex Gossamer a little too big. If I don't hold on when I withdraw, it gets left behind. So I reverted to Durex feather-lite. Fits like a glove aaaaarrrrrrrr. An' don't ya be caawlin' me a pencil pusher aarrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

why not give the pull out method a shot??? (pull it iut just b4 you cum)

why not give the pull out method a shot??? (pull it iut just b4 you cum)

Yes if your an idiot this will work .. this 'method' will not protect against pregency.

Yes You can still get poled by this, just because you dont fully cum, you are still leaking sperm in there, only it only takes one

• Advertisement
Advertisement