Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

condoms!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Originally posted by Orlie
    Ok people condoms are dodgy anyway... Tell the gal to be responsible and go on the pill!

Hmm, not that I'm an expert (here he goes again :) ) but aren't there cancer risks involved in using the pill, my G/f won't use them cause she's afraid of some form of Cancer. Also Perhaps jank your partner isn't wet enough :) If she is not wet enough inside this can dry out the condom and cause it to split (try using KY jelly or get her more in the mood)

Also I'm not much of a "Fast Newbie" with 0.09 post per day am I? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I used to use Durex featherlites, cant remember why I changed, but Mates in the red box, think it's the sensitive ones are just the job. Long, easy on, funny material but well sensitive and loadsa lube.

Besides maybe putting it on incorrectly Jank, have you considered that you might be banging the hole just a little too hard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Originally posted by mooman_00
    ya and do you carry them around in your wallet for weeks on end where they could get damaged

/cough/ or years :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Kell
    I used to use Durex featherlites, cant remember why I changed, but Mates in the red box, think it's the sensitive ones

Aye mates are actually wider than any Durex condoms as far as I know. They always worked for me, while trying durex was like trying to... eh... I don't know... push something really large into a really small hole!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Sniipe
    If she is not wet enough inside this can dry out the condom and cause it to split (try using KY jelly or get her more in the mood)

Shouldn't that be his job and not the loob's?

RE: Pil Vs Condom/diaphragm
    I wouldn't ask my girlfriend to go on the pill, male condoms would be the first stop, and/or the female condom (I know this isn't nearly as easy to "apply", requiring a doctor to insert it don't they?).
    It doens't seem half as right to go fucking around (no pun intended) with her biology just so you can get your jollies.

...course, there's always anal.....

cue >*smack*<

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Switch to Boots own brand they are much more reliable than durex,Durex seem to bust on a regular basis especially if you loveplay includes any ammount of lateral movement,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

If you are in a relationship with regular sex, I would not rely on the condom soley. There are too many possibilities of the little buggers getting around the place. Hands tend to go everywhere and they can bring pre-cum ( tech term ? ) where it shouldn't go.

They can also tear.....

Stick with either just the pill, or pill and condom if you wake up in the night in a cold sweat hearing the echo of a baby screaming in your dream.

Avanti are excellent. Expensive though.

Out of curiosity, any ladies out there using the coil ? Either variants, copper or plastic ones.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Ok people condoms are dodgy anyway... Tell the gal to be responsible and go on the pill!

[...]

The pill is the only way to go. No worries, and if you know someones sexual history ain't too bad then ya don't need condoms.

Jesus, how about you be responsible and use condoms regardless of whether or not she's on the pill.

the weight gain isn't a myth for some people. and whats a "bad" sexual history.

TBH unless you've both been tested for everything in an STI clinic and been ok then there's no "safe" way, you can get some STIs not just through sex.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

One thing about being sick on the pill -- there's a new pill type out there, it's basically an injection into muscle in your side and the chemicals are released constantly in tiny doses, so being sick/forgetting them can be a thing of the past.

As for putting on the condoms, make sure you squeeze the air out the them and then hold it with the air out while putting it on (can help to get your partner to help/do it for you)

And the pre-cum thing - yes kiddies (for those who dont know) - pre-cum can get you preggers!

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

smiles, is the injection into the muscle your talking about depo provera(not sure
    of spelling)? If it is then every girl should stay clear of it. Iv yet to hear a good
    story with regard it. My own experience included.

Also for those considering just using the pill as contraception. Make sure that
    your gf/you tell the doctor that she/you is on the pill if she/you ever need to get
    anitbiotics. Quite shocking how many stories Iv heard where a girl got
    preggers because of an antibiotic counteracting the pill.

Have fun,
    A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

nothing worse than when your gf says that she thinks she missed a day or two of taking it and that she might be preggers, the only thing is that its your own fault aswell for not wearing a condom, still though its agony waiting around for a result, dont get me wrong im sure its far worse for the girl, but jesus lads its some dose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

The pill is the only way to go. No worries, and if you know someones sexual history ain't too bad then ya don't need condoms.

This bothers me. You never know anyones sexual history unless they go for a full STD and HIV test. I remember a mate meeting a guy in a suit in Stephens green and the guy was crying. He'd been married for 15 years and had contracted HIV from his wife. He'd been on the piss for two days since he'd found out. The unfortunate fact is you never really know anyone's sexual history, because they don't necessarily know the sexual history of their previous partners. Sad really isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jes'Shout!

RE" "The unfortunate fact is you never really know anyone's sexual history, because they don't necessarily know the sexual history of their previous partners. Sad really isn't .

Finally, a voice of reason arises from the wilderness!

God didn't make that stuff sweet enough to die a slow and painful death for it. (And as we all know, it can be mighty sweet!)

Strap on yer raincoats lads and let yer minds relax so you can fully enjoy the ride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

What sort of moron doesn't use a condom?

For god's sake. No wonder STDs are on the rise and you see so many kids with kids these days.

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

quote:What sort of moron doesn't use a condom?

you'd be surprised at the amount of seemingly intelligent people who still take the chance. Whether it be that they were too pissed or off their head. I don't understand myself maybe underneath they have a death wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think you will find that safe sex is the responsibilty of both parties.

condoms are not dodgey. they protect not only against unwanted pregnancy, but also against infection.

next time you think about have sex without a condom outside of a 'safe' relationship, just remember the figure -

28 million.

thats the amount of people that die every year from AIDS.

its a big number.
    condoms cost a quid.

thats a small number.

be sensible people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Vote Eamo For Boards.ie Welfare Officer 2003/04

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

I found Durex Gossamer a little too big. If I don't hold on when I withdraw, it gets left behind. So I reverted to Durex feather-lite. Fits like a glove aaaaarrrrrrrr. An' don't ya be caawlin' me a pencil pusher aarrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

why not give the pull out method a shot??? (pull it iut just b4 you cum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yes if your an idiot this will work .. this 'method' will not protect against pregency.

Yes You can still get poled by this, just because you dont fully cum, you are still leaking sperm in there, only it only takes one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    thats rediculous, how many kids do you have cuz that method is as risky as leaving it in there when you cum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

i tried them featherlites there last week,ow!
    kept rolling back up to me purple
    worked but quite sore
    think ill try them avanti

i didnt use condoms cuz she was on the pil
    its cool tho,im more sensible now i hope
    and i agree with the guy who said
    not to fuk up her biology just to get
    ur jollies

she was on it for irregular periods tho
    and may have2 again,i think
    dunno ya have2 wait for the next one or somethin
    I found Durex Gossamer a little too big. If I don't hold on when I withdraw, it gets left behind. So I reverted to Durex feather-lite. Fits like a glove aaaaarrrrrrrr. An' don't ya be caawlin' me a pencil pusher aarrrr!

pencil pusher! ;D
    tiz the motion in the ocean etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Originally posted by woosaysdan

sweet jesus u are either joking or fell asleep for every sex ed class u ever had.

The "Pull Out Method" is protection against absolutly nothing ... it doesn't stop pregency, STDs, AIDS, Herpes ... anything ... think you should go read a biology book mate

God help the poor women you convinced to sleep with you.

Advertisement