Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

program to copy files from sim card

• 26-02-2003 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

087 phone i just got and i wana copy all my old stuff on my old sim card to the computer what do i do ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

do you have a latop or deskop? if you have a phone with a data cable (nokia 5/6/7xxx) you can sync with a pc, but if it only has ir you can sync with laptop... using nokia sync sw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

for most nokias (not the data ones) there's a hole under the battery with 4 contacts. Rx, Rx-gnd, Tx and Tx-gnd afaik.
    The basis for a serial connection.

I've been meaning to get cracking on making a home-made serial adapter for my 3310 but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

If you get a cable for your phone, you can copy your phone book to your pc using Logo Manager, and then restore the information to your new sim card. I've done it successfully recently, and had no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Is it really necessary to copy them onto a pc? Assuming it's just your numbers you want to copy over, have a root around your phone menu. There should be an option to copy the numbers from your sim into the phone memory. Once you've done that just insert your new sim into the phone and copy from the phone to the sim. I had to do this recently when swapping from a nokia 8850 to 6310i.
    As mentioned above, if you have an infra red connection on the phone and your pc/laptop you can d/l the nokia software to copy your phonebook to the pc as a .csv file.

If this doesn't work try posting on the wireless board. They know about cell phones on there they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by milltown
    Is it really necessary to copy them onto a pc? Assuming it's just your numbers you want to copy over, have a root around your phone menu. There should be an option to copy the numbers from your sim into the phone memory. Once you've done that just insert your new sim into the phone and copy from the phone to the sim. I had to do this recently when swapping from a nokia 8850 to 6310i.

Only works with a few of the "top-range"/business phones. Popular phones like the 3210/3310/3330 don't have that option. The newer 3410 and 3510(i) do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Oh.

Advertisement