Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane line up

• 26-02-2003 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Chilli peppers, foo fighters and queens of the stone age

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

sonds good good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Never been to Slane before. How much would you estimate tickets will be?

i've heard they're in the range of 50 - 60 euros, but i wouldnt be too sure cause i've never been either!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It says in the Star that the tickets are €59.50. I might go... I'd like to see the Chillies sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Orlie

Slane will be excellent this year!

I hope i can get off work!

F**k the price of the tickets!!

Chilli peppers, foo fighters and queens of the stone age?????

Ain't it worth it???

:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

PJ Harvey has been confirmed also.Seen her at Reading in 2001.
    **** but hot at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I never thought myself much of a slane man really but to see queens of the stone age i'd sit through a justin timberlake set!
    I heard the chilli's are amazing live and i saw the foo fighters they were pretty good hopefully i can get some of my mates to come along and drag them away from metallica to see 3 great bands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

thats the best line up Slanes got in a few years lads , jesus it was turning into some load o crap , but yep the chillis are meant to be fairly good live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

yep they were votd like the mtv europe best live act but i know we shouldn't let that put us off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Do you reckon it'll sell out in a couple of hours like last years?

Whens Witness btw because i probably wont be here come august, so i'l have to make do with just Witness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Sterile Fish

it will sell out quick again this year, lucky for me my dad knows the promotor :D meaning i get 2 tickets for my birthday reserved, so i dont haveto rush in to it or anything i am definately going, and it is going to be ****ing amzing...not sure bout some of the ppl that i know who are goin to it tho....

tickets go on sale on friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'll be queuing at about 4am, hopefully get my tickets for 8, go home get 10mins shuteye and then go to school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

jccm, why dont you try ticketmaster if someone in your family has a credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

What time will we be able to buy tickets online at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Line up isnt bad, Chillis rock!! Foo fighter, good, but QOTSA? Hmmm? :confused: What do y'all think of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Ticket master's servers are utter pap and will fold under any sort of pressure. I reckon your best bet is have 4 or 5 or ye and get a ****e load of cans and have a bit of a party outside of yer local record store and ye wont notice the night going. I'd love to head to slane this year with that line up but alass I'm on the other side of the planet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Chillis suck.Heard they were absolutely terrible at Landsdowne road last year.
    Queens are briliant live.This'll be the thrid time I've seen them and they seem to get better every time.Perhaps Dave might sit in on drums for a few songs since he's gonna be there.
    Foos were quite crap at Witnness but saw them at the point and they were unbelievable.
    Should be worth the cash at the end of the day but PJ harvey really isn't my cup of tea :o

Dregin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Feeder now added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

so many gigs, so little finances...*sniff*

sHep :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Originally posted by dregin-x
    Chillis suck.Heard they were absolutely terrible at Landsdowne road last year.
    I don't know what the hell you heard man!
    The chillis rocked at last years lansdowne road gig! Anyone i've talked to since that was also at it, said it was an excellent gig.
    I'd highly recommend anyone that hasnt seen them live go see them they're ace.

C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Stanley_kubrick

Qotsa are gonna be the shizniz.I need me a camcorder or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

I'm not saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers are a bad live band, but the atmosphere at last year's Lansdowne Road concert made it one of the worst concerts I have ever been to. Since Slane Castle is nearly on the same scale as Lansdowne Road, there isn't going to be a chance of a different setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Coudn't agree more about Lansdowne, it was one of the worst gigs I've ever been at. Sound was crap, a lot of the crowd were idiots, and I thought the Chillis were seriously off.

That said, they rocked in the Point a few years before, so I'm hoping for a return to that sort of form.

Advertisement