Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Accesspoints

• 26-02-2003 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Just got my 7650 reflashed so all vodafone specific settings have vanished. Anyone (DubWireless I'm timing you! :p) have them or a link to where they are?

Dizz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

lol - my pasta is on the hob - so that's going to have to take a priority! ;)

i'll paste them in a bit (after dessert) - unless someone else pops them up for you in the mean time

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Enjoy! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Vodafone Live!:

Connection name: Vodafone Live!
    Data Bearer: GPRS
    Access point name: live.vodafone.com
    User name: dublin
    Prompt password: no
    Password: dublin
    Authentication: normal
    Gateway IP address: 10.24.59.200
    Homepage: http://live.vodafone.com
    Connection security: off
    Session mode: permanent

Vodafone Mail:

Connection name: Vodafone Mail
    Data bearer: GPRS
    Access point name: isp.vodafone.ie
    User name: xxxxx
    Password: xxxxx
    Gateway IP address: 0.0.0.0

Vodafone MMS:

Connection name: Vodafone MMS
    Data bearer: GPRS
    Access point name: mms.vodafone.net
    User name: dublin
    Password: dublin
    Gateway IP address: 10.24.59.200
    Homepage: http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    Connection security: off
    Session mode: permanent

Vodafone HSCSD:

Connection name: Vodafone HSCSD
    Data bearer: High speed GSM
    Dial-up number: 0876202222
    User name: xxxx@e-merge.ie
    Password: xxxx
    Gateway IP address: 0.0.0.0
    Data call type: ISDN v.120
    Max. data speed: 43200

ahh - pasta will always be my downfall ;)

i've always had grief trying to go full speed HSCSD with the Voda/Eircell Mobile ISP HSCSD connection - i've ony ever been able to connect over V.110 (for a 38.4kbits/s connection) - if i try V.120 i never manage to connect it just keeps failing for me :(

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Thanks all :)

Dizz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ive had nothing but problems with meh vodafone live !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by DubWireless
    if i try V.120 i never manage to connect it just keeps failing for me

My bad! I can never connect on V.120 either! I meant V.110 :)

cheers for the heads-up - was wondering why i was never able to connect with V.120 - thought it was just me after your post :(

whenever anyone said to me they were getting 43.2 on the Mobile ISP over HSCSD i mentioned only being able to get a 38.4 max - put it down to them taking it from the Nokia PC Modem Set-up control panel, even if it is set it to V.110 the slider still reads 43.2

thanks, BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

You can send the settings to your phone directly from Nokia's website - You just pick your phone, pick your network, enter your mobile number and get the settings OTA(over the air).

Here are the links :
    Nokia WAP OTA Configurator
    Nokia MMS OTA Configurator
    Nokia EMAIL OTA Configurator

Hope this helps...

V10 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

hello, I just got a 7650 and I can't seem to get access to live/mail etc. It gives an error 'GPRS not available. Check network services.'. All of my access point settings are correct as above. Any idea what's wrong DubW?

Teeth.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dr_Teeth
    hello, I just got a 7650 and I can't seem to get access to live/mail etc. It gives an error 'GPRS not available. Check network services.'.

Sounds like you may not be set up on the Network end. If you give regular support a call and press the option for Live! to look into getting that set-up. They need to check / set-up the GPRS access point live.vodafone.net

For the mail (full internet access - not just WAP) you may have to call Data Support on 1850 287 000.

Live! is normally set-up on the supported hadsets (unless you got is sim-free or not from vodafone). Full Internet can require a request to be made. They need to check the GPRS access point isp.vodafone.ie

Hope that gets you up and running. GPRS network problems may be another reason though (seems to be fine here though).

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fowley

dont mean to be annoying or anything but i was just wondering what i should enter in the GPRS accesspoint the one thats in tools>settings>Connection>GPRS on the 7650.

i have the other stuff in tools>settings>Connection>access points entered from the thread.

and it it really true Ready to go customers can't access web over gprs, i really wanted to use it on my laptop when i'm in spain.

just to be a right wanker, anyone know whether those mobile connect cards are worth the hassle or will the 7650 do the same connected to the laptop?

thanks
    Fowley:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jt

hello v10
    your links looked interesting but the email configurator doesn't connect properly for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jt

hi, tried it again.
    The last link wasn't complete and the others do eventually lead tohttp://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,32863,00.html

Advertisement