Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exe a Compressed File on a Server???

Options
  • 26-02-2003 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hey,

How do I upload a compressed file and then unzip it on a server? Did it before with some things, think it was a *.tar file. I use CuteFTP 4.2 if it makes any diff. Or are is it done more with telnet. Can't remember. Any help appreciated.

Also is there a quick way to delete a Directory. When i do it through CuteFTP it has to delete each file individually, takes ages if theres loads of files and eircom takin my money away :(

Cheers,
    Alo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I don't think you can do it through FTP afaik, sounds like something you did through telnet.

For your second query, try using internet explorer to delete the folder. Just connect to the host like this:

ftp://username:password@ftp.yourhost.com

IE will function more like explorer. I rarely like using it for ftp, but it has its uses sometimes.

(Edit: to turn smilies off!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

nah just tried it there, explorer still has to delete each file, takes ages. damn big folders. Gonna dig up my old putty.
    Thx anyway.

Advertisement