Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many jet planes does a government need?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by Turkey
    I feel partly responsible for this, This thread has decended into utter stupidity.
    Indeed, but the fault is not yours Turkey, it lies solely with Qadhafi.
    Qadhafi, I have even realised that there is no point in arguing with this ....person, considering he does'ent have the manners, or respect, to correctly, spell the name of the service that he wants to get rid of.
    Ah, so now I'm to be considered churlish because I disagree with you and am willing to argue my case? Turkey, what's next? Will you ask me to step outside to the car park?
    Sparks, you are reluctant to visit Irishmilitaryonline, ...hmmmm....I wonder why?
    I gave my reason. I have no wish to read discussions like that put up by Qadhafi, where logic and reason are optional extras noone bothers with, and opposing views are treated like "unamerican" behaviour in the McCarthy era. Add to that the level of sheer military anarokism in that thread (which I took to be indicative of the board in general), and I find it a most unappealing prospect for any form of discussion apart from the "problem with the world today is them damn commies trying to pollute our bodily fluids" rants, and Dr.Strangelove was all I ever needed for that.
    The very least you could is learn some respect for people who stuck their necks out for 40 years so that others could live.
    And now you're accusing me of having no respect for half my family. Turkey, let's get something very, very clear here. I have friends and family who've served in every military conflict from the Battle of the Bulge through to Liberia where there's been Irish soldiers, no matter what uniform they wore, and in every branch of the service from the sandbags to the rangers. And you and Quadhafi here, are pissing on their good name. I never once met someone who'd seen real service who had difficulties in accepting opposing viewpoints and debating them rationally. Not once in thirty years. I'm not sure if it's because it's such an easy thing to do compared to being shot at in Beirut, or clearing landmines or training for CQB in an aircraft, or if it's just because they were more mature than you and your friend here, but I do know that by claiming to represent them and then throwing this kind of hissy fit in public, you are seriously insulting them.
    To the Moderators, I think it would be in everybodys best intrest if this thread was closed down.
    A-bloody-men.

At present there is no threat, to which it would be necessary, or possable to reply to with Jet fighters
    Thank you. Case closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Qadhafi

Ah, so now I'm to be considered churlish because I disagree with you and am willing to argue my case? Turkey, what's next? Will you ask me to step outside to the car park?

When you put hard facts in front of a person, back up with numerous pratical examples, current government policy and yet the other person continues to ramble on ignoring everything you say, you start to wonder what form of intelligence are you talking to ?

I gave my reason. I have no wish to read discussions like that put up by Qadhafi, where logic and reason are optional extras noone bothers with, and opposing views are treated like "unamerican" behaviour in the McCarthy era. Add to that the level of sheer military anarokism in that thread (which I took to be indicative of the board in general), and I find it a most unappealing prospect for any form of discussion apart from the "problem with the world today is them damn commies trying to pollute our bodily fluids" rants, and Dr.Strangelove was all I ever needed for that.

McCarthy era Dr Strangelove and commies?
    whats that all about sparky? you were just simply asked a question? Pull yourself together, you are talking complete and utter jibberish. You have yet to put forward a sensible arguement.

And now you're accusing me of having no respect for half my family.

Well a few posts ago you were telling me that Ireland should get rid of the Defence Forces, marching in the name of peace etc etc now you telling me that some of your family and friends were in the Reserve Defence and some in the elite Army Ranger Wing, talking up the great military tradition :S

which is it sparky?
    Turkey, let's get something very, very clear here. I have friends and family who've served in every military conflict from the Battle of the Bulge through to Liberia where there's been Irish soldiers, no matter what uniform they wore, and in every branch of the service from the sandbags to the rangers. And you and Quadhafi here, are pissing on their good name. I never once met someone who'd seen real service who had difficulties in accepting opposing viewpoints and debating them rationally. Not once in thirty years. I'm not sure if it's because it's such an easy thing to do compared to being shot at in Beirut, or clearing landmines or training for CQB in an aircraft, or if it's just because they were more mature than you and your friend here, but I do know that by claiming to represent them and then throwing this kind of hissy fit in public, you are seriously insulting them.

That has to be the worst rant i have ever read on this board. Its actually really funny sparky, I am pissing on the good name of the DF? the same DF which you dont think we need?

quote:To the Moderators, I think it would be in everybodys best intrest if this thread was closed down.
    A-bloody-men.

Sparks if you just simply want to run away and continue to hide from the real issues then thats fine. I will ignore some of your more stupid posts, ignore some of the insults throw and general ramblings. Thankfully you dont sit at the cabinet or we would surely be in one fine mess.
    At present there is no threat, to which it would be necessary, or possable to reply to with Jet fighters

Thank you. Case closed.
    you havent answer one question sparky
    why has the Irish Government drawn up an agreement with the British government to provide air cover via the RAF ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Qadhafi - "Hard facts" I must have missed that amongst all the quote tags. You still haven't told us how a fighter can take off from baldonnel and make an airliner vanish in 2mins. You don't seem to have any idea of the complexity of what your talking about. The alternative is a standing CAP over dublin city staying within a 10-20 mile radius of the city center. Like thats going to happen. The Govt has to be seen to be doing something. Thats has nothing to do with what we actually need. You have pulled this thread way off topic with you talk of JSF etc. It was probably a troll and we fell for it.

Turkey - I'm aware of the F/A/T - 50 and its a sensible alternative. An interesting discussion would be the merits of the F/A/T - 50 vs the Hawk 100/200 in an Irish context. But thats a topic for another thread.

As for me and Sparks being the same person, thats just absurb. We don't even have the same point of view in this thread. That said, just because you think the're out to get you doesn't mean the're not.

I was giving switzerland as an example. Its down to 2 minutes now is it? I have a pretty good idea what Im talking about. I mentioned the JSF as its cheap very capable, providing long term security long into the future.
    An interesting discussion would be the merits of the F/A/T - 50 vs the Hawk 100/200 in an Irish context.
    Im not advocating any particular airframe but a modern jet needs to be purchased.
    As for me and Sparks being the same person, thats just absurb. We don't even have the same point of view in this thread. That said, just because you think the're out to get you doesn't mean the're not.

Yes you are both the same person, you attempt to use the same langauge etc and some of your posts border on the dim side as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

WILL U MUPPETS STOP CALLING IT THE IDF...
    IDF is the acronym used for the Israeli Defence Forces

Were Irish not Israeli. :rolleyes:

If you must use an acronym, use DF... do some proper research before you post any more tripe, at least i know which end of a tree to hug :ninja:

Originally posted by Qadhafi
    Yes you are both the same person, you attempt to use the same langauge etc and some of your posts border on the dim side as well.

Well theres no disputing that logic. I'd (We'd -LOL) be insulted if he'd been able to spell all the big words. Especially in an insult.

Morphéus - DOH. Guilty as charged, LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Dublin Castle is safe! No fundamentalist Muslim would destroy one of the most important collections of Korans (Chester Beatty Library) in the world. :)

Ah, but what about the fundamental christians? :D

Originally posted by Sparks
    Ah, but what about the fundamental christians? :D
    Well if they are Roman Catholic or Eastern Orthodox, there is the Bible collection to keep it safe (aparently not as historicly important as the Koran collection). Not sure about the Protestant / Evangelical anti-icon types.

http://www.cbl.ie/perm_exhib/

• Advertisement

hey ricardo, you really are a funny guy

Originally posted by Victor
    Dublin Castle is safe! No fundamentalist Muslim would destroy one of the most important collections of Korans (Chester Beatty Library) in the world. :)

Really? I should really do a tour of Dublin castle.

Has there ever been any other attempts to blow it up in the past I wonder. You'd think there must have been, while the British were in control of it.

hey ricardo, you really are a funny guy

You're assuming I'm a guy, when its been clearly established that I'm a muppet.

when its been clearly established that I'm a muppet

I know

I know

Well theres one thing at least....;)
    Originally posted by Victor
    So much for airport security http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138748

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Advertisement