Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

downloads >

• 26-02-2003 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭

for no reason whatsoever, if i go to download anything , i dont get asked where i want the download to be saved to, just it goes directly into my temp internet folder..

how pray tell do i turn this off?!?!?!?!

cheers

baz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i dled latest IE, sp1, im on XP btw, and ive tried to reset the web settings in net options, still nothing

anybody out there know how to fix this ??

baz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

does it only do that when you click on the link?? or when you right click and try to Save Target As...???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

just when i click on the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

not sure how to stop ie doing that, but i'd reccomend installing a download manager such as getright, well worth it in the long run.

other than that right clicking on the link & choosing 'save target as' is all i can think of

Advertisement