Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam Tour 2003

• 26-02-2003 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

I've just seen that Pearl Jam have completed the first leg of their 2003 tour in Australia, and that they're going to Japan before starting the States. Anyone have any idea if they're coming to Europe? Hope it will be this year. Missed them the last time round, don't want to miss this one (good reason for a hol in the States?? :D).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i sure as hell hope they come here, id love to see them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

I very much hope so. they are my favourite band.

i think they will break after USA and then go to Europe. im really hopin they go to America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

ooh pearl jam, nyoim! Im drunk but sounds great, i hope they play ireland.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah, I hope they come too. It would be some gig. I'd say they would have to play the RDS though. I don't think the Point would be big enough for them.

hope they go to the oddysee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Well, last time they were here they played the Point. I doubt they're fan base has grown much since then.

I think it's every second tour they swap Australia for Europe and vice versa. Still, here's hoping.

that is true, but this is the first time they have have called it a 'World Tour' and that signifies Europe as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Anyone seen the set lists from the concerts they have already played? They've been reasonably varied and there hasn't been one that I wouldn't have loved to been at. I missed the last one, and I was gutted. If they don't come this year (or early next - this year better) I'll be extremely annoyed to say the least :(

Suppose at least I have Metallica to look forward to (even with Stinkin Park), and I might go to Slane this year seeing there's a better than average line up..

But still, /me wants Pearl Jam!

[/aimless meandering]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Anyone seen the set lists from the concerts they have already played? They've been reasonably varied and there hasn't been one that I wouldn't have loved to been at. I missed the last one, and I was gutted. If they don't come this year (or early next - this year better) I'll be extremely annoyed to say the least :(

Suppose at least I have Metallica to look forward to (even with Stinkin Park), and I might go to Slane this year seeing there's a better than average line up..

But still, /me wants Pearl Jam!

[/aimless meandering]

we all feel your pain.....

ive seen the set lists. all of them are damn cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I know this is bringing the thread I started ot, and if Angelwhore disapproves, then I'll be happy to start a new thread instead :)

I'm trying to get my hands on Pearl Jam tracks that they recorded (i.e. not live - I'm gonna start those later :)) but that aren't on their albums. So far this is my list (* means I don't have it yet, so am not sure that all of them are real PJ tracks):

Alone*
    Angel
    Breath
    Dead Man*
    Down*
    Drifting*
    Elderly Woman (Acoustic)
    Footsteps
    Happy When I'm Crying*
    I Got ID*
    I Just Want To Have Something To Do*
    Last Kiss
    Let Me Sleep*
    Leatherman*
    Olympic Platinum*
    Soldier of Love*
    Sonic Reducer*
    State of Love and Trust
    Strangest Tribe*
    The Long Road*
    U*
    Yellow Ledbetter

Anybody know any other tracks that they have recorded that aren't on any of the albums? Or any of the above that are duds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

dun do bheal i have pretty much all of those tracks so none of them are duds, dont worry

they swap their tours and have been to ireland every four years since their first visit, so if not this year, hopefully they'll be back next year.
    i for one cant wait, the last gig was amazing...

Alone* - there own
    Angel - theres (crap song!)
    Breath - theres
    Dead Man* - not sure...
    Down* - there own
    Drifting* - dunno
    Elderly Woman (Acoustic) -theres
    Footsteps - there one
    Happy When I'm Crying* - dunno
    I Got ID* - there own
    I Just Want To Have Something To Do* - i think its a stuido cover
    Last Kiss - thats a cover. studio cover.
    Let Me Sleep* - dunno
    Leatherman* - there own
    Olympic Platinum* - studio cover i think
    Soldier of Love* - unsure
    Sonic Reducer* - studio cover i think
    State of Love and Trust - theres (brilliant song!!)
    Strangest Tribe* - unsure
    The Long Road* - there own
    U* - theres
    Yellow Ledbetter - theres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

God I hope they come here. Would love to see these guys live. Never have and its a damned shame after listening to some bootlegs of their shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

If you want to get full info. on all Pearl Jam tracks you could do worse than check out the following:

http://www.lukin.com - a good fan site with lots of info
    http://www.pearljam.com - the official site
    http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/ - many links here, click on the rumour pit one to read about their plans to release a double album of rarities and b-sides this year. Should include many of the better songs on your list which is missing one or two.

You should be able to find many of the b-sides in Independent or Second hand music stores on singles or on bootlegs. You can also pick up a few of the "official" bootlegs like the Philadelphia show which has "I Got Shít", "Footsteps" and "Baba O'Reilly" (a cover) on it. They're pretty good versions and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Afaik..

Breath - from Singles Soundtrack
    Dead Man* - From Merkinball EP
    I Got ID* - Merkinball
    Last Kiss - thats a cover. studio cover.released in US 2 years ago, also on No Boundaries charity album
    Let Me Sleep* - Christmas single for fans, there own
    Leatherman* - b-side to Given to Fly
    Olympic Platinum* - studio cover i think -Christmas Single for fans
    Soldier of Love* -on No Boundaries charity album, cover
    Sonic Reducer* - studio cover, of dead bouys song
    State of Love and Trust - from Singles Soundtrack
    The Long Road* - MerkinBall
    Yellow Ledbetter - can be found on some import versions of 10..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by lphchild

Dead Man* - From Merkinball EP

Not on Merkinball...

Available on the Australian Off He Goes single, not too sure this was released as a single in Europe.

A great source for discography information, fairly complete:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~fagroen/discography.html

Originally posted by lphchild

Yellow Ledbetter - can be found on some import versions of 10..

no it cant. Euro version has Dirty Frank, Alive (Live) and Wash as bonus trakcs whilst the jap version has I've Got A Feeling instead of Alive (Live)

Advertisement