Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinkpad 600E RAM

• 26-02-2003 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

I was under the impression that Thinkpad 600E's are only capable of taking PC-66 SO-DIMM RAM, and the lads in #tech.ie confirmed it for me. But I emailed shop4memory.com a few days ago using the Quote form on their site and they've just now emailed me back saying that this stick of PC-100 RAM would work:

http://www.shop4memory.com/add-item.asp?product=128Mb+for+IBM+ThinkPad+600+%28AS8128MPLP%29&price=53.00

At €53 I'd love to get it, laptop needs a hefty kick up the arse tbh. So if anyone can tell me for sure that it'd work, please do let me know :]

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

it will work fine but AT pc66 speed only

its cheaper to buy the faster memory...it maybe cheaper still to but pc133,

I put a 256mb pc133 into a PII running pc66 memory once coz it was all I had . the pII found half the ram only and happily ran it at half the speed for 6 months when I came back with a 128Mb stick of pc100 to replace it.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Those 600s will take almost any kind of memory. The 100MHz will work, but only at 66MHz. I have a load of 64Meg sticks for 600Es lying about, if you want.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

www.crucial.com/uk for memory
    you can step through the purchase - to a specific system too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Cheers lads.

Jaden, wouldn't happen to have a 128mb stick would you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Crucial will probably be cheaper (and Micron test every stick of memory which is nice)

I tried a 600E model at random and 128 megs came out at under 33 euros. Add 8 for delivery and you've saved 12.

www.crucial.com/eu for euro prices. They use UPS and you'll have it in two days. Heartily recommended

• Advertisement

Aye, I probably will go for the Crucial memory (thx for the link Micro), but if Jaden happens to have a 128mb stick lying around... :)

Just 64's I'm afraid. Crucail is what you need. BTW, I have loads of spare parts, if ever you need any.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Jaden just wondering if you also have parts for a TP 600X?
    Ultrabay HD Holders/HD, DVD drives etc?

...or internal/external floppy drives? :)

Loads.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Sorry Jaden were u talking to me or PiE? :) would take a Ultrabay HD Holder and HD if u have them knocking around.

Advertisement