Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eternal darkness

Options
  • 27-02-2003 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

before you say it i know theres been a thread about this before but i just got it :) i played it for around an hour and it seems excellent ! great graphics - spooky atmosphere and music......just hope theres more to fight than zombies ! and the insanity metre rox although i havnt gone crazy yet :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

hehe, great game. Some of the puzzles are annoying at times. The one with the big blob alien thing in the pit at the start of the game for example. You should keep your sanity low all the time cause it makes the atmosphere much, much creepier!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the monster with a load of eyes.....theres a puzzle there ?
    all i did was grab the staff etc...and then open the door behind the monster

thats not much of a puzzle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

No, the encounter with Mantorok isn't a puzzle!

Bet you're scratching your head over the telescope and mirrors though! ;)

Originally posted by Epitaph
    No, the encounter with Mantorok isn't a puzzle!

Bet you're scratching your head over the telescope and mirrors though! ;)

dam straight i have :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

same here, i got a cube at the weekend, playd eternal darkness last night forr about an hour and a half. I was at those mirrrors for ages till eventually one of the lads I live with that doesnt nothing evey day comes in and says come back to them later...
    id been fiddling with them for about 20mins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I tried keeping my insanity up because I thought they got completely dull after seeing the same insane hallucination for the fiftieth bloody time. They arent scary at ALL either because they're too obvious. I found myself just getting pissed off and waiting for my character to be transformed back to beginning of the room - with all limbs intact :)

Enjoyed it alot still though, I jumped out of my seat alot.
    The biggest scares for me were
    Whenever I heard the banging bloody doors! They got me every damn time and I flew a ****ing mile out of my seat when you see your own corpse in the bath for a split second :)
    It's definently the sound that scared me the most, the monsters sucked tbh. Definently one to play in the dark with headphones up full blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

In the dark with surround sound is good. It supports dolby 5.1 surround sound. Tis pretty cool, hearing stuff coming from behind etc.
    well funky actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

i'm stuck on it,

bloody hell im crap at games now, why do i even bother anymore :rolleyes:

want to hook my cube up to my stero but not 100% how :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

fe*kin deadly game loike! :) insanity is great.

oh btw, u have to beat the game 3 times to really complete it :p

just thought id let u know.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    fe*kin deadly game loike! :) insanity is great.

oh btw, u have to beat the game 3 times to really complete it :p

just thought id let u know.

so i hear :) i havnt fully griped the magick system yet ... seems complex

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Any other cool games out for the cube atm ? Kind of itching to get another. Is Super Monkey Ball 2 out yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Worry not, the magic system is faaaaaaaaaar easier to use than it seems at first!

To be honest, though, I was really let down by the game. It does a good job building up atmoshpere and tension at first - right from the moment Pious' head flciks right to look at that torch when it crackles as you approach your first zombie :D - but
    when you start to realise that stuff like the banging on doors and footsteps don't actually correspond to anything
    , it all gets a bit disillusioning. I just stopped caring. And being able to fully heal yourself pretty much whenever is a bit of an atmos-destroyer, too.

Still, hacking bits of hoards and hoards of zombies can be quite theraputic. :p

Originally posted by TinCool
    Any other cool games out for the cube atm ? Kind of itching to get another. Is Super Monkey Ball 2 out yet?

metroid and zelda on way + monkey ball 2 :) soul caliber 2 also ?

Advertisement