Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grr... UTV probs?

Options
  • 27-02-2003 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

UTV connection keeps dropping less than 5mins after connecting... anyone getting this? Started last night and has continued all day today.

Annoying as feck tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

I have been finding this alot lately.
    I find that i have to disconnect the reconnect again to get back some bandwith.

Eóin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

PiE - Same here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

i taught you had dsl pie?

btw, no problems here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Seems to have cleared up now, /me touches wood.

I was on one of the DSL trials ando, gave it back when they asked me to start paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

i dont blaim ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

here's my story

i used to have a lucent winmodem which gave me okish pings on a few of the different isp's , then i went to utvip ( malcolm said that lucent chipsets worked well with their technology ) pings were not so good but still playable , then they did the v92 upgrade and pings got worse ( dont know if that was the cause or just a coincidence ) .So i got unto their newsgroup and posted about my problems . Carl there suggested that a lucent really wasn't that good for pinging game servers and suggested an external modem with a rockwell chipset would see me get a big improvement .

So now here i am with my new rockwell chipset modem and my pings are still ****e ! with utv 200/240....with oceanfree to same servers....140/160 .

30 euro a month down the drain......

bring on adsl so that this story can end happily ever after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

last night on utvip was the first time i was getting dropped connections.
    3 in all, i'm on lucent winmodem as well. Before that v92 upgrade, all was ok, no problems whatsoever :mad:
    I hope that the problems get sorted soon ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

host-controller-based (HCF) modems can give you excellent ping if the driver and OS are up to scratch and your CPU isn't heavily loaded.
    An external hardware serial modem can be an improvement over a pure winmodem (host controller and DSP), but I found i had better pings on my lucent (1646) than on a Cirrus Logic external 56k.
    Course, a rockwell HCF pwned both of them by about 10ms and raised my connect to 33.6 over DACS from 28.8/31.2kbps

Advertisement