Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insane outlook express

• 27-02-2003 3:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

ok heres the specs
    win xp
    256 ddr ram
    40 gig hd

and a copy of outlook express till up to now was working fine.When opening outlook it takes a bit to open from 30 secs to a minute , opened outlook express this morning and my outbox/inbox/drafts folder were all emptyed, strangely enough the address book was fine. I dont mind that, but i got an email saying "welcome to outlook express" like i got when i first got it with my pc, also when i send myself a mail i get it, open it then appears

"Message could not be displayed
    Outlook Express encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again."

ive ran scandisk, nope didnt fix it, i though it could be a virus so i ran macfee virus scan. I have 2 firewalls on the system so i doubt it was a hacker. I ran the scanpst.exe program to repair outlook but still didnt fix it .

its like i cant read any messages nowthat i get

anybody have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the application?

You'll find it in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows components.

Be sure to export your mailbox and address book, if you can, before doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

win xp
    256 ddr ram
    40 gig hd

Think outlook might be the least of your problems With those specs outlook express should not take 30+ secs to open unless your mailbox is extremly large? I have MS Outlook 2000 and I opens in less than 5 seconds. My machine would be simular specs to yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Originally posted by ding
    win xp
    256 ddr ram
    40 gig hd

Think outlook might be the least of your problems With those specs outlook express should not take 30+ secs to open unless your mailbox is extremly large? I have MS Outlook 2000 and I opens in less than 5 seconds. My machine would be simular specs to yours.

I'd think its safe to assume thats why he asked here for help. Giving an example of his system specs to let us know that his machine is no steam engine. If he didnt post his specs then we'd probably ask for them because if it was running this on an auld Pentium 166 that would be the sort of speed to expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I was just pointing out that the problem is probably bigger than an outlook problem, which is what is asumed.
    Giving an example of his system specs to let us know that his machine is no steam engine.

Exactly. With those specs it should not take outlook 30-60 secs to open which was what I was saying. All I was pointing out is that to look further than the outlook problem, eg disk space, ide settings,virus etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Click here for the answer to your problem...

• Advertisement
Advertisement