Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Opinion Please

• 27-02-2003 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

HELP !!

I think my mobo has died, but would like a second opinion before I go buying a new one.

It's an Abit Sr7-8X. Recently, winXP has been a little buggy, with the event viewer showing random ide controller errors. This went away for a while. I went back to Win2k, and there were no problems.
    However, last night, while booting, the boot screen was garbled, so I rebooted. Nothing happened - no beeps, nothing. But the machine was powered up. The hard drives were not spinning. The only way to turn the machine off, was to kill the mains on the PSU. Holding the power button for 5 seconds had no effect. After about 10 minutes, I rebooted and the Bios said it had detected a new CPU. I set the Bios up again and carried on my merry little way.
    After about 1 hour the machine froze, and then about 15 seconds later, it died (*sniff*). Again the only way of powering down was by interrupting the mains. Now it won't boot at all.

What do you think

Bio

[edit]Oh yeah, if I need a new mobo, do you have any recommendations. I want something that is stable, and capable of a little overclocking if needed. I dont want onboard Graphics, but onboard lan would be nice, and maybe firewire and usb2.0. I have pc2700 DDR and a p4 2.4 (533 fsb)[/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*could* be your PSU that's fried....

have you tried the machine with a differnt one?

Advertisement