Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat Room

Options
  • 27-02-2003 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of software or a website that hosts chatrooms? im looking for something that doesnt have any ads and doesnt have a low maximum user issue. I have one at the moment but it only allows 10 users which is usless to me.

thanks
    Gar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Which platform?
    What do you have available?
    What are you using at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Hello

Cgi-irc works very well on all platforms as long as you have cgi support, if you enable the ident server on the box its hosted on you will also notice it connects really fast too. It will work on both windows and unix platforms. You can also connect it to any network. You can get it at the link below.

http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/

If you dont want to host the client software yourself you can get a free one and hosted for free at mircx.com just click the

Add a free chat from to you website button.

http://www.mircx.com/

the only issue here is you have to have your channel on irc.mircx.com but it is a very stable network and I can think of worse networks to be on.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Best Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im hosted with yourselves blacknight.:) I think the problem with mirx is that first person in gets admin rights and i dont know who will be in first if you get me. i dont know anything about bots etc to set one up.:( I reckon a dedicated chat room that i have to log into is the best option but i have no idea how to go about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Hi again.

The link I pasted you for cgi-irc has full details of how to intsall it and is very easy to follow :D

Sure if you have any questions post them up here and we will help you out!

Also make sure you host allows cgi-irc first of coarse, it also can use a bit of bandwith so make sure you have enough.

Hope it works buddie.

Best Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

bombidol - I know you're hosting with us :-)
    Open a support ticket and we'll see what we can do for you. k?

• Advertisement
Advertisement