Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wat to do???????

• 27-02-2003 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

SOME DAY

Trying to do things to impress people, they never seem to notice. And you find some inclinations that everything that you once wanted, you never really wanted in the first place. These days I feel as if everything I wanted will never come true but someone once told me that if I really want something I had to go get it or I’ll never see what its like on the other side of the rainbow. I finished school and then I went to college. I had such great expectations of what college was going to be like “boy I was wrong”. College was just hard and you really had to work your ass of to where you want to get. However I'm not here to tell you about college I’m here to tell you about my addiction!!! The thing is I've fallen this guy in College. The only problem is that he has a girlfriend and I’m finding it unbelievable hard not to notice him! He’s really nice I’ve tried to tell him but I’ve to give up because he would never look at me! I’m not exactly a model of perfection! It seems to me who ever I really want I can’t have and I’ve tried to get them but it’s difficult. I was seeing a guy for nearly a year and he was so nice but he was just too much for me I was looking for something I couldn’t have! Well this guy I was seeing he told me I was the best thing that ever happened to him but I still wanted this guy from college! How was to tell him?
    So I said to myself that I was going to tell him so I did! It didn’t work exactly the way I wanted it to! It happened when Rag week was on in college! We all went out, well to get to the point it happened on the way back from goin out I told him that I really liked him how embarrassing or what!!!!!!!!!!! The only excuse I could think of was the fact that I was so drunk and I’ve not forgiven myself since! Help! This was it I had to forget about him but my fascination was forever growing and I had to do something bout it. Every time I see the guy in college I keep on thinking on how it would be! But however bad it may be for me it’s going to change I’m going to change! And maybe some day that guy from college will notice! Hopefully! I’ve to live with the fact that I’m in love with a guy that I can never have but as long as I have my dreams my fantasy lives on! Good luck to all those people who have the same problem maybe you’ll have better luck than me don’t give up like I did! This is to remind me how much I love the guy in college! Whenever that person that makes your heart skip a beat when they pass just keep on saying “SOME DAY”! But only go for that some one unless he is really the one! They might not be what you expect them to be!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 devine

Im 19 in college in wit! from wicklow! anymore questions! im lookin for advice i wrote that letter bout 4 weeks ago i just decided to post it up to see wat kind of advice id get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

The other Guy's not gay therfore you have no chance,forget about him and go after someone you can actually have!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

i find myself in that same situation sometimes, im a dreamer and will willfully pass up on reality to skip into fantasies about women, money fame etc... the usual ****. But you seem to be very hard done by your fantasies. What i mean by that is that whenever i get caught up in a girl, thinkin how good we could be together etc i usually dont dwell on it ie. i go off into another fantasy or i spot another girl who looks good! You seem to be really dwelling on this one guy. The fact that your in college should mean that there are a ton of fine young men out there that you could be chasing after or get them to chase after you rather then getting hung up on one fella.. I suppose the only advice i can really give and its a bit corny is become friends with him, its what i do when i gat really hung up on a girl, if i cant have them or if they dont want, embarassment aside i sure as fu.ck still want to be able to look at them and hang around them everyday..... There is only one problem with this i currently hang around with a group of women out of which, half of them id love to ****..!!

• Advertisement

Mercury_Tilt you have some serious issues!

And as for fantasies I dream of being with goin out with him etc

Mooman_00 the thing is he is perfect dis guy theres nothing like him he is unique! And that’s why I like him course I can look at other guys but only for looks! The guy that I fancy is more than tat because he has personality ive spokin to him a lot of times! I just need be with him! But how? I really need to know if i could get with a guy like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

i understand how you feel devine.
    a few years ago, i used to be sooo "in love" (am using speach marks here coz i thought i was,i wasn't as it turned out) with this bloke. he was in the year above me at school and i just thought he was the sh!t. i spent so much of my time fantasising about him - just stuff like having lunch together or chatting about music, well, obviuosly other stuff too but i'll not get into that.
    anyway, after building him up in my head for about a year or 2 we finally started going out together. it was only then that i realised that i didn't actually like him (he was an ass) i just liked the fantasy figure that i thought he was.
    i've just read through this and it doesn't actually seem to have much point to it, but it took me a while to write so i'll post it all the same....
    good luck with whatever happens.

catspring is right, you have built him up in your head so much that he seems out of reach to you, you cant be with him cuz you think he is too good for you yet you cant stop thinking about him cuz you cant be with him.......

have you gotten off with any people recently, just casually that is, and do you go out that often? What im getting at is just relax a bit go out and score with some blokes you dont really have any interest in, just to get your mind onto other things... but dont try get off with one of his mates in order to get him to notice you cuz trust me he wont notice, i know i dont give a fu.ck about the women my friends get off with, except when its to give em a slagging...

anyway i know it might seem difficult but try to get him out of your head for a while at least.....

thanx Catspring i know wat your saying its just that dis guy is so wat i want in my life i no u get wat im saying its just tat you just cant help noticing him! He there and he nos that i exist i told him i liked him part from the fact i was totally drunk at the time! im not the kind of person who would be embaressed about it the next day we still spoke to each its like as if i didnt tell him at all but i did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

If you're gonna be texting him I'd advise you don't use so many exclaimation marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

In the words of my old friend chef:

Children; theres a time and a place for everything. It's called 'College'.

That should be taken literally to go and do everything and everyone you possibley can. I really wouldent get too hung up about this guy as theres plenty of other fish in the sea and you might just be limiting yourself from noticing someone else by having your sights set on this guy only.

Originally posted by Kell
    In the words of my old friend chef:

Children; theres a time and a place for everything. It's called 'College'.

That should be taken literally to go and do everything and everyone you possibley can. I really wouldent get too hung up about this guy as theres plenty of other fish in the sea and you might just be limiting yourself from noticing someone else by having your sights set on this guy only.

Probably the best words of advice youre gonna get..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i agree, unless you decide to get over it you never will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

Firstly im a girl (dont let the name fool ya!)
    I kinda got hung up on a guy for seven months or so and like you devin thought he was my perferct man put on the planet according to my own designs. Only problem was he wasnt attracted to me (apparently but he did mess me around and ruined my new years because he couldnt make up his mind B*stard hehe anyway thats not the point here) What im trying to say is dont limit yourself!! I did that, Im 19 also and ive let several oppertunities pass me by because i thought if i get with thsi guy here who is really nice i may miss the chance to get with my Mr Perfect! (terrible thing to say but i cant find any other word to describe the situations) I'm no longer friends with my Mr Perfect because i realised recently that this constant thinking about him and knowing i couldnt have him was making me insecure and i lost a lot of my self confidence. I'm now happier in the knowledge that if he wants me he can come get me! In the past two weeks since ive stopped hanging out with him my life has imprved dramatically!
    Maybe a break from your Mr. Perfect would be an idea (i know its probably difficult if you're in college together but over the mid term if you have one maybe dont text or whatever and it may get easier) I dunno im not helping here just a suggestion and now ill stop!
    Sorry for waffeling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

sounds like pretty sound advice, cut yourself off from the source of your problem.
    and look at other pretty people, they are out there and they'll help you take your mind off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Well a break worked wonders for me i have to say!
    I actually opened my eyes and now ive found someone really great who i would have missed if id kept pineing over this other guy i was mates with!

hi everyone thanx for all your advice but wat you dont understand is this guy is like no ordinary guy hes kind, and funny and does not mess with around girls as long as ive known him he has been a pure gentleman and aparently im not the only one that likes him. hes not full of himself he is so nice and i want to go out with him i just need some ideas on how to get him??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by devine
    hi everyone thanx for all your advice but wat you dont understand is this guy is like no ordinary guy hes kind, and funny and does not mess with around girls as long as ive known him he has been a pure gentleman and aparently im not the only one that likes him. hes not full of himself he is so nice and i want to go out with him i just need some ideas on how to get him??
    Ask him out!

Look the point that a few of us have tried to make is that you think about this guy far too much, and you think of him far too highly, i cant imagine what could make him so extra-ordinary unless he can fly or something...sorry im not tryin to make a dig at you but your lust for him is a bit full on, at the end of the day its your choice and you have to make it soon. You can either ask him out, whatever about your fear of rejection etc, or you can take a break from obsessing over him and take a look around and find someone new or even to get the thoughts of him out of your head or something.... either way you need to stop obsessing , if you do get with him, he might find you too smothering and terminate your relationship......... anyway best of luck with it whatever you choose:)

• Advertisement

"Devine- theres a time and a place for everything. It's called 'college' and it's not restricted to obsessing over some single bloke"

Devine, you already said that he is going out with someone. Presumabley he is a happy camper too, so heres a bit of logic to end your obsessing ways-

Scenario A) You come onto him, he falls for it and does the dirt on his girlfriend, making him not such a gentleman and he falls from your pedestal with a crash

Scenario B) You come onto him, he gets an attack of "Maybe the grass is greener" and dumps his GF. Now he has succumbed to lust and must therefore surely fall from your pedestal again for having such a character trait

Scenario C) You come onto him and he tells you where to go, completely fúcking up your impression of him, leaving you feeling hurt and downtrodden, and knock him off the pedestal again

Scenario D) You could avoid all of the above, swallow your pride and move on. You've wasted enough time already.

first of all im not obessesed because ive seen other blokes i just want achance with him thats all and as for the tips i got from kell ive already told him i liked him when i was drunk and he said nothin hes only incollege 2 days in the week and hes in tomorrow and hes hard not to notice! i just would like an answer to whether he would ever be interested in me thats all!

well the only thing you can do is ask him, we dont know you nor do we know what he likes, so we cant really answer that question for you.... he is the only person who can answer that....but if you ask him now he will propably answer with im in a relationship right now, leaving you with out a proper answer and possibly the feeling of embarassment around him from then on....

My gut feel Devine- if you have already told him that you like him drunk or not and he didn't mention a thing about it then and since, then I think he is sending out "NOT INTERESTED HERE" vibes. I would look to one of your alternative suitable male options as this chap doesnt seem to want your affections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Kell
    My gut feel Devine- if you have already told him that you like him drunk or not and he didn't mention a thing about it then and since, then I think he is sending out "NOT INTERESTED HERE" vibes. I would look to one of your alternative suitable male options as this chap doesnt seem to want your affections.

i would heavily agree with the aforementioned statement..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i just would like an answer to whether he would ever be interested in me thats all!

how the hell are we supposed to know that?

but going by my last post ^^ i would say no.. getover it, aint gonna happen, wake up and smell the coffee etc...

but you obviously just want someone to say what you want to hear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭coco

Girl im in the same boat i no how it feels ive the same problem, kind of i fancy a guy in college aswell and i told him and got no reply either but it doesnt matter cause i no that i can move on and ,thing bout it is that i was not embaressed at all when i told him i just forgot a bout i have spoken to him a couple of times since.

My advice to you is just to move on hes not worth it and believe me when i tell that you dont really no him at all according to the replys you put up! How ever much you care bout this guy you will get over him next time you see him just say to yourself that you can do better and you will.

I fancy this guy in college but i keep to my limits.

Thanks Coco I completely understand! He was in college yesterday and i realised he no wat i really want and ya i no that there is other guys out there and they probubly fancy me and there are nice and ya i should start to forget bout him! But he is a nice guy and ya i doubt he fancys me so im just goin to forget aboat him and move on!

good on you devine i hope all goes well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

yeah, good luck you guy :)

Advertisement