Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Boycott...

• 27-02-2003 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have read about his on the news and have just now received the mail below. Would you skip the pub for a night ?

Don't Forget, Its this Friday. No pubs, Nightclubs or Off Licences.
    National Boycott of Pubs/Nightclubs Day in Ireland, Friday 28th February 2003

Irish drinkers are being ripped off. A report conducted last September indicates as much. Prices for alcoholic drinks are a staggering 59% (and rising) above the EU average according to a major international study. Irish pubs and nightclubs, especially those in Dublin, are churning out incredible profits. These profits, earned from the toil of the Irish consumer, can be explained by none other than total greed.

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

You have a choice. You can put up with this ludicrous profiteering and continue to whinge about prices being too high, OR you can take action.
    We propose a "National Boycott of Pubs/Nightclubs Day" throughout Ireland for Friday 28th February 2003. It is about time the Irish consumer struck back. And if this doesn't get the message across, we'll strike again with something even more drastic. It will only work if everyone co-operates. And it can be done!

Are you going to skip the pub on Friday ? 5 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    40% 2 votes
    Make my atari Jaguar a double !
    60% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Its my friends birthday tomorrow so i shall not be boycotting. Well at least there will be no qeues during happy hour :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

is it ok to go to the offy??

hehe cos i dont want to be without drink

later
    Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Nope offys are off too although I don't think that they really charge exorbitant prices, anyway I get my booze in Tescos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

the prices in my offy arent too bad, im gonna get a 6 pack of san miguel, for €10.
    but thats all, i have to its friday, but i fully agree to stay out of the boozer, i passed it on to all my mates

Later
    Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I dont think the boycott worked very well. Barcode was packed last night as per usual. I think tramco was fairly full aswell although i dont remember that very well :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement