Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ISDN modems?

• 27-02-2003 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I had an oul hayes isdn modem but its got a serial connection and my new pc doesnt have one. I need to know what the best isdn modem out there is and where to get it. preferably from people who have used them. I have 128K ISDN and i hear ya can get up to 19k a sec with a real good modem so thats what i am aiming for. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

aint seen one hit 19 think the max is 16. but eircon/ diva eircon diva pro . asus also ..

think those are the 3 best ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The Asus128 is good. you can get it from Komplett for about 40 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

aye as stated the eicon diva pro or asus pci cards are the ones to get.

You wont' get over 16K a second though, that I guarantee. I can maintain 15.6 steady as a maximum from a few sites, such as microsoft.com..

using a lasat speed basic > usb conn, not the best but does the job just fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Tact which one do you have?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Using an Asus here, which is much cheaper than the Eicon Diva. Working well for me so far.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ive tried the Asus and some el cheapo POS, the asus was tops 5ms better pings (60 to 55?) and no faster at downloading. So get ASUS if you can, but dont worry too much if you cant.

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've an eicon diva pro 2.0 here, extremely good ta. It offloads all the processing from the cpu, so you don't get ping spikes in games. I've seen this compared to an asus 128 on the same isp and server. The asus had a lower minimum ping ( 28 vs 38 ), but in fights the asus spiked to 55, whereas the eicon did not go over 40. I'll be tempted to sell it if the price is right, since it will not work in any os besides windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,807 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

get an isdn router :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Eicon Diva, and you can get it Here for 12.50 Sterling.

far cheaper than the asus and better imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Guh, stay away from USB TA's whatever you do...
    Nice enough d/l speeds, but the extra lag is more like gaming with a decent 56k :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ruu selling one in For Sale not sure what it is tho.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ruu is selling one for 35 incl post :) never used see thread for details

Advertisement