Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop not recharging or running off mains

• 28-02-2003 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

My friend gave me his laptop to have a look at, Its a Compaq Presario 1600 and it wont run off the mains or recharge. He uses his other laptop, a Compaq Presario 1200, to recharge the battery for the newer one. He is fed up of doing this. Any suggestions, .....anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Presarios are a great example of a machine that comes with a 1 year warranty and lasts 15 months.

needs to go for repair...sorry.

OTOH I am sure he could possibly pick up a 'dead' one (banjaxed Mobo or Screen) and cannibalise it. His is worth fixing, dead screen/mobo is not, too expensive.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He said I could cannibalise the 1200 if need be. Would that work? What would I have to do?

Advertisement