Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edge out for a year!!

• 28-02-2003 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

From WWE Headlines - http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1209953

"MONTREAL – Feb. 23, 2003 -- Bad news for Edge-Heads: Edge found out earlier this week that he’ll need spinal-cord-fusion surgery which will keep him out of the ring for a full year.

The operation is set for March 10 in San Antonio, Texas, and will be performed by Dr. Lloyd Youngblood.

“He’s in the best hands,” Stone Cold Steve Austin said. “Lloyd Youngblood is a phenomenal surgeon.”

The 29-year-old Toronto native joins the Who’s-Who list of Superstars who have already had a similar procedure by Dr. Youngblood: Austin, Chris Benoit, Rhyno, Lita, Scotty 2 Hotty and Bob “Hardcore” Holly.

All of those Superstars have either recovered or are on the path to do so, leaving Edge optimistic about his chances of being able to return to the ring next year, although there are no guarantees.

“That’s what I’m gunning for,” he said. “To get back by (next year’s) WrestleMania.”

He’ll be having his C6 and C7 vertebrae fused."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Great stuff. I hate Edge. It'll be good to be rid of him for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Originally posted by herbie747
    Great stuff. I hate Edge. It'll be good to be rid of him for a while.

I think that's ****ing pathetic, whether you like edge as a character or as a wrestler he's a still a young guy who was a wrestling fan just like you and has seriously hurt himself. He's getting to do something he's always been in love with and now he's gonna have to stop for at least a year and you're happy about it? Prick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just ignore him, ed. A mere response to such complete rubbish might actually make this fool believe that his opinion is noted.

Yeh its a pity about edge. Simular to Ryno's inhury isn't it? And simular finishers possessed by both men. Coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just ignore him, ed. A mere response to such complete rubbish might actually make this fool believe that his opinion is noted.

Yeh its a pity about edge. Simular to Ryno's ingury isn't it? And simular finishers possessed by both men. Coincidence?

Originally posted by Ed
    I think that's ****ing pathetic, whether you like edge as a character or as a wrestler he's a still a young guy who was a wrestling fan just like you and has seriously hurt himself. He's getting to do something he's always been in love with and now he's gonna have to stop for at least a year and you're happy about it? Prick!

Jaysus, don't cry. Getting a bit worked up there.
    It's not like Edge is gonna die or anything. He's not "seriously" hurt- he'll be back in a year. He just has to have surgery which means he won't be around for a while. I don't like him, so for me thats good news.
    Its not as if I wished his career was over or anything. You're such a drama queen Ed.

Remember last year when Edge made his little speech in the ring about his shoulder injury, and he said "It looks like I might not be around here for a while" in his nerdy voice.
    Then he was back the following week after Jericho attacked him!

Grow up though Ed. This is a discussion board. Thats my opinion, and just because it isn't the same as yours doesn't mean you should tarnish the forum with your filthy language.

Next time you post something that I don't agree with, should I start cursing and crying too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Originally posted by herbie747
    Jaysus, don't cry. Getting a bit worked up there.
    It's not like Edge is gonna die or anything. He's not "seriously" hurt- he'll be back in a year. He just has to have surgery which means he won't be around for a while. I don't like him, so for me thats good news.
    Its not as if I wished his career was over or anything. You're such a drama queen Ed.

Ok first off, if you don't consider a near career ending injury serious then you're obviously not the brightest person in the world and to make light of it in any way is inexcusable.

Fair enough if you don't like edge as a wrestler, neither do it, but this is someone who's putting his health on the line every week and pushing himself towards a very painful rest of his life when he retires to entertain people like you.

Personally i just find it sad that you don't seem to be able to separate the storylines on smackdown and the fact that these are real people ****ing up their bodies to try to entertain us.

Before you say it, i know that they're all well aware of the risks involved in wrestling, but that doesn't mean that any injury they get should be something to be happy about in any way.

Originally posted by Ed
    Ok first off, if you don't consider a near career ending injury serious then you're obviously not the brightest person in the world and to make light of it in any way is inexcusable.

Fair enough if you don't like edge as a wrestler, neither do it, but this is someone who's putting his health on the line every week and pushing himself towards a very painful rest of his life when he retires to entertain people like you.

Personally i just find it sad that you don't seem to be able to separate the storylines on smackdown and the fact that these are real people ****ing up their bodies to try to entertain us.

Before you say it, i know that they're all well aware of the risks involved in wrestling, but that doesn't mean that any injury they get should be something to be happy about in any way.

Well duh! I think I realise that they are "real people ****ing up their bodies to try to entertain us".
    Whats the big deal? Its his choice to do this. It comes with the territory. I'd love to be a successful pro wrestler too, and Edge is very lucky to have his career of choice. I'm sure he gets paid quite well for it too. I'm just glad that he won't be on TV for a year or so. He's really annoying.

His injury isn't bloody life threatening. Of course he'll be back. It's nowhere near career ending. Who hasn't come back from that injury? And Edge has been known for exagerrating injuries in the past for sympathy from the fans. (Remember last year when Edge made his little speech in the ring about his shoulder injury, and he said "It looks like I might not be around here for a while" in his nerdy voice. Then he was back the following week after Jericho attacked him!)

Get over it Ed. I wouldn't get so upset if I were you. Do you think he would give a sh*t about you if you were in a wheelchair for the rest of your life? No chance. He's not even going to be in a wheelchair, and your still feeling sorry for him. BOO HOO, poor Edge has it so tough. He has lots of money, all the women fancy him, he has a great time working for WWE, but poor poor Edge has to take a year out. Big f**king deal Edward. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he should get special treatment. I bet WWE is even paying for the surgery. Would your job pay for surgery for you? Don't think so Ed.
    I don't "wish" an injury on anyone, but I don't think Edge has done too bad for himself, and he'll be back to do even better, but all I'm sdaying is that the benefit for me is that I don't have to watch him anymore!! YEEEEEHAAAWW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Yanno what - I think Herbie and Ed should have a wrestling match to see who is the badder boy. What say you boys??? Personally speaking, I'm not into Edge either, but the poor fukkers livelyhood has been seriously threatened with this injury. He's out for a year (which is good gnu's for me) but I do hope he'll come back when he's recovered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

Originally posted by Neil3030
    Simular to Ryno's inhury isn't it?
    Exact same injury!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I really really admire Edges heart. I think he is an insperation to all wannabe wrestlers, I dont exactly think he has the potential (as a wrestler) to go far, but his mind and will,make up for it and keep him going through matchs. That is something to look up to.

I have to totally agree with Ed, i was really upset to hear about his injury, and Edge could have done well this year, now he has to wasit, and once he gets back he has to establish him self once more and build him self back up to the podium he has put him self on.

I didnt agree with Herbies sarcasm towards the incident. Im not taking sides or anything, you are intitled to your opinion, but I am intitled to the right to not to agree with you, if the oppertunity presents itself.

Get well soon Edge....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Hanza
    I didnt agree with Herbies sarcasm towards the incident. Im not taking sides or anything, you are intitled to your opinion, but I am intitled to the right to not to agree with you, if the oppertunity presents itself.

Get well soon Edge....

Of course you're 'entitled' to the right to NOT agree with me. It's called an opinion!
    But obviously "ED" would prefer if we all agreed with him. When I voiced my opinion, he started cursing and calling me all sorts of names because I didn't agree with him.
    Tough ****, ED! Go back home to Nazi Germany and cry to them. The whole point of these boards is to express an opinion and DISCUSS topics and issues on different subjects- not to start using foul language and freaking-out like a spoilt little girl just because your opinion on matters isn't unanimous. Boo Hoo, Ed. Gimp.

Advertisement