Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petrol prices

• 28-02-2003 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Just realised in the last few weeks how this war in Iraq is really aftering us. The price of petrol where i normally get it is now 91.5 cent, seen other places nearby 92.9. And it will only go up in the coming weeks.

Whats the most expensive anyones seen so far?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by Dampsquid
    Just realised in the last few weeks how this war in Iraq is really aftering us. The price of petrol where i normally get it is now 91.5 cent, seen other places nearby 92.9. And it will only go up in the coming weeks.

97.5 in the country shop at home. is the most expensive I've seen it.

I get it for 83.5 in Cork City every week though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its between 84.9 - 85.6 in the garage where I work part-time in Kilkenny. I hear its around 95 in most rural ma-n-pa type garages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well the cheapest I can find around Galway city is 88.9. I really hope the price doesn't go up to much as I just went from a 1Litre to a 1.8.

So for me atm I pay (45 * 0.889) + 8.00 = 48 yoyo's for a fill :( The 8 yoyos is for octane boost as you can not get 98 Octane petrol anywhere around Galway.

If war does break out I wouldn't be surprised if petrol went up to about 1 yoyo per litre....

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Kayos , where do you buy in Galway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

In Limerick, it varies between 83.5 in Faranshone and 95ish at a certain BMW dealer on the Tipperary road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by tinofapples
    Kayos , where do you buy in Galway ?

Arch motors normally are about the cheapest in town. If not there it would be the Statoil by NUIG.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On the N4 in Dublin, there's a maxol on the westbound side of the d/c and another station almost directly opposite that on the eastbound side. - just before you come up to the Palmerstown junction .Both are the cheapest in the area, usualy 1-2c cheaper than everyone else.

89.6c the other day, compared to 91.xc somewhere down the road. Bike is no bother anyway, Full tank is 11.5 L, so even if it does go up to a euro, I'll still only pay €11.50 for 200 miles of travelling :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've always found Maxol in Whitestand in Galway to be very good on price. To fill my (mothers) car with diesel there takes about 38 quid. The added bonus is that it's just around the corner from my house so you same some juice there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

My two old reliables, the Esso and Shell garages in Glasnevin have turned out to be dear, 89.9

Even the Shell in Ashbourne has gone 87.9, and its usually uber-cheap. Filled my tank to the scut there today, along with a few of our sterling friends from up North.. :D

The Statoil where DG Opel used to be on the Cabra Road is 90.9, as are the Maxol and Esso garages further out the N3.

Whats the prices like near the border??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭BabyEater

In Dundalk it seems to be about 94/95 . The cheapest i have seen is the burma which was 83.7 or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

Just got back from Australia, and there was a protest because petrol had gone to 97 c a litre - about 50 eurocent. Sickening!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Could be a lot worse could have the same prices as the UK (~e1.20)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

The cheapest i've seen in DUblin is in the Emo garage on the end of Thomas st. It's 87.9 at the moment. It's normally one of the cheapest around town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I found this site to be useful in the past:
    http://www.irishfuelprices.com/
    -ao-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

That's an excellent site ao!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

The Shell on Glasnevin Ave. is one of the cheapest around the northside....88.9 at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The cheapest place (closeish to my home) I've seen it is Harolds Cross, the Maxol there.
    All of Stillorgan seems to have jumped 2c recently, and all the way along the dual carraigeway the prices are pretty much 95c.
    iirc the esso on the Ballymun Road is cheap enough, well compared to my local prices.

edit: Just looked at that site, and petrol in Maxol at the Montrose hotel on dual carraigeway is 89.9, maybe the others came down too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Passing through clonee a while back, unleaded petrol price was 99.9 a litre. Christ.

Slaanesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Just back from a trip to Killarney from Dubline, best brice I found was 84c in Killarney itself. (Shell Garage beside supervalu) But I was struck by the generally cheaper petrol once you got in to munster, even on back road stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yis bastards:D:D:D

[mod-powers-abuse][/mod-powers-abuse]

From 2003:
    Dampsquid wrote: »

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement