Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...and finally Bin Laden wins

Options
  • 28-02-2003 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Let me remember what the original reason of a Iraq war was: Saddam should have supported Bin Laden with weapons. So it is a anti-terror war? But the original anti-terror war was totally forgotten. I think German soldiers are the only left still searching after Bin Laden. America and Britain removed there soldiers from Afghanistan to use them in the iraq. So what sense has this war. You destroy one from perhaps 10 countries supporting this terrorists and stop fighting against this therror group.
    And at the end Bin Laden wins, he isn't hunted anymore and he could become many new followers due to this war.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SloanerF1

Originally posted by utopio
    Let me remember what the original reason of a Iraq war was: Saddam should have supported Bin Laden with weapons. So it is a anti-terror war?

Let's remember that there has been no clear link established between Al-Qaeda and the Iraqi regime. Contrary to popular belief (fostered by American propaganda), Iraq is a secular state, although admittedly it is a predominantly Muslim country. There are some in the Iraqi regime, most notably Tariq Aziz, who is a Catholic, who should technically be regarded as much as "infidels" by Al-Qaeda as Westerners are.
    But the original anti-terror war was totally forgotten. I think German soldiers are the only left still searching after Bin Laden. America and Britain removed there soldiers from Afghanistan to use them in the iraq. So what sense has this war. You destroy one from perhaps 10 countries supporting this terrorists and stop fighting against this therror group.

This demonstrates that the main objective in Afghanistan was regime change, and the same can therefore be said for Iraq.
    And at the end Bin Laden wins, he isn't hunted anymore and he could become many new followers due to this war.

Correct, although this is in fact in line with policy since George W. Bush technically and subtley decided to stop concentrating on finding bin Laden as an individual.

Advertisement