Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday game (NWN)

Options
  • 28-02-2003 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

sorry lads! :)

but, if those of us with equipment strip down to bare basics, we should be able to equip the rest pretty ok.

from what I can remember:

Laeus, you can have that longbow, then you can either sell or keep either it or the one you have to get some basic armour.

I have about 1k gp that can be used up to buy basic stuff, as well as a scroll of flame strike I found on wednesday - as a 6th level spell it should go for a fair whack, it's cleric so no use to the group in general.

I think I have some gems that can be sold as well and a +1 bastard sword I took from a vampire.

should be some more stuff (potions etc.) that can go as well - already gave most of my spare stuff away on wednesday.

I can sell the tower shield and buy a normal one to raise some extra funds as well.

Castle of blood has the install as an exe file (that was the problem Rev was referring to).

So I would suggest that everyone go and download the HAK for Dreamcatcher from:
    http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data/1042171647318.shtml

the other hak file is just an intro movie that we dont really need.

unless, of course, people want to play a different scenario.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I can live with it buts its a real pain!!! a PAIN i tells ya!!
    All that stuff, my expensive Sorcerer battle robe and nice stuff like that... all gone... and so much money lost too... well at least i have more money left than you lolth.. I have possibly 4K left so i can at least buy basic weapons and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

screw the money. It's the items that hurt. Especially the rogue-armor battlingcheese gave me :/

the ppl without items kinda are at the same position as if they never played and just joined... no equipment and leveled up...

*shrug*

well, I'll see how it turns out on monday. If it ain't fun anymore, I recently bought Master of Orion III anyways. I wouldn't be a big loss for the team anyways.

cya
    - Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

flash, you've obviously never played in one of the PnP games I run. I think I have lost track of the amount of times the players have chosen an action or had bad luck.. or just weren't up to the task and have had to pay the consequences.

Constantly having to play catch-up is a pain, i'll agree, but a setback now and then never did anyone any harm and keeps some life in the game - I don't know about oyu but I'd get pretty bored of NWN if I won every fight (the one exception to this is that ancient red on the discworld scenario.. got him down to near death 4 times and the git healed himself up to full!). It's easy for me to say because I didn't lose my equipment by the miracle of a bug in the scripting but I can honestly say that even if I had, it's not the end of the world. We'll get more stuff for you and anyone else that is missing equipment. Adds a new level of challenge to things, now we are hunting for equipment as well as xp :)

btw: I've mailed the author about the script bug and asked where the missing equipment could be, if it is in the module I'm sure we could go back and try to retrieve it (assuming the save is still there).

Did we actually finish the module? Or did the server die before we managed it? I mean if we did not finish it then we should probably do so and get our equipment back

Oh and what was the name of the mod we did?

[edit] ah the light reborn... found it on the other thread and saw your post on nevaul lolth so hope we get an anwer![/edit]

Right update!! I just played that mod myself as single Player.(as you can see it took less than an hour) I picked my SP campaign character who is very high level but more importantly has a CRAP load of stuff. Including 6 or 7 magic bags full of stuff and very little space in my inventory at all. I let myself be killed by vampires and woke up in the cell.. All my stuff dissapeared before my eyes apart from a few items.. in my quickslot. Also a few items like my red dragon armour and my greataxe (fire damage) and a few other things were on my cell floor. I did the farm house thing in seconds... went straight in and baricaded the doors... Had we done it right first time a woman would have led us in while it was safe and told us we need to block the doors somehow. Anyway thats not the point.. the point is... I went thorugh the whole of the mod.. opened every chest and every treasure trove on the ground and got some of my stuff... but only a TINY ammount and that was just me... in our campaign there was about 6 of us and some of us got some of our stuff back, but the little we got back does not ammount to one persons inventory that went missing. So i dont think this is right... i reckon its either a serious design flaw or its a deliberate piss take to annoy people!!!

By the way i killed Mord, i even played his stupid game of chess before i did that and still all i got at the end was a few items he dropped and one or two things that may have been mine in the chests behind him.

Did you know this is part of a series? Has anyone played the others? This was part 4 so maybe we get our stuff back in part 5?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I doubt the game can pass on the inventory-info from one chapter to another (after all, it's 2 seperate modules). Thou, I could be wrong here.

cya
    - Flash

Originally posted by LoLth
    flash, you've obviously never played in one of the PnP games I run.

:D I always was the guy sitting next to you :D

Advertisement