Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster do it again: Metallica tickets on sale NOW

• 28-02-2003 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Due to go on sale at 9AM tomorrow, Ticketmaster have done another Eminem and are NOW selling the tickets for the Metallica/Linkin Park gig in the RDS. I just got my 2 "unreserved standing" area tickets booked and paid for. All seated areas are sold out already.

If you were going to get tickets and were waiting until tomorrow to get them, you'll be bitterly disappointed.

Get them here, now:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/cgi/asp_events/byid.asp?event_id=1800365AAC63185A&category=CONCERTS

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Bard
    Due to go on sale at 9AM tomorrow, Ticketmaster have done another Eminem and are NOW selling the tickets for the Metallica/Linkin Park gig in the RDS. I just got my 2 "unreserved standing" area tickets booked and paid for. All seated areas are sold out already.

If you were going to get tickets and were waiting until tomorrow to get them, you'll be bitterly disappointed.

Get them here, now:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/cgi/asp_events/byid.asp?event_id=1800365AAC63185A&category=CONCERTS
    Luckily I have mine payed for already. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think this is a good idea on ticketmasters part, stops people queueing all night, and most importantly helps stop the touts!

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have your name on your ticket and have to bring photo ID with you to concerts as popular as this, would also stop the touts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

phew.....got mine there now....wooohooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 skitso

I got mine too. Why the hell would ticketmaster pull a crazy stunt like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I suppose the less tickets they sell through non-ticketmaster owned outlets the better for them :rolleyes:

Got mine anyhoo :D !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just ordered 3 standing tickets there now itll be a laugh anyway hopefully I shall get to enjoy Battery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The seated tickets are NOT sold out yet 'cos they're not going on sale till 9am tomorrow. That's why you can't buy them on ticketmaster.ie now. Only the standing tickets went on sale today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

well, i'm fúcked if i'm giving ticketmaster 10% "handling charge"!! the tickets themselves are expensive enough as it is, but €130 for two concert tickets is fecking extortionate!! i'll give sound cellar a bell in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

awwww ****!!

ah sure im getting mine bought for my by a mate in the morning anyway, and as beardedchicken said, give sound cellar a buzz
    id much rather give tommy in there my money that ticketmaster.

later
    Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Its now 09:26 and I just booked my Standing tickets on Ticketmaster.ie. Sure they wont sell out THAT fast, but you'd want to get booking fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

I just ordered mine online, It said they were for block A or something. Just to be 100% clear, you can go into the standing area even if you have seated tickets, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I'll be there, a friend has bought our tickets and I'll now see 'Tallica live for the 4th time :)

Hmm Harvester of Sorrow or Master of Puppets :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by /|/)etal)-|ead
    Just to be 100% clear, you can go into the standing area even if you have seated tickets, right?

Nope, that's against fire regulations or something. If you were allowed to do that, there'd be a mad crush on the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

yeeeee haaaa!!! got mine this morning, well a friend bought it for me ;) cant wait to see "the Tallica"
    sweeeeeeeeeet!!

Later
    Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

why would you want to sit down during a good show like that?... twiddling your thumbs as you watch a moshpit going crazy... sitting down is just... it's just wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by bedlam
    Odd, I was able to get seated tickets at 11am on the 1st

Ok, well my comment was based on the fact that I *could* get tickets on Friday evening via Ticketmaster.ie but I *couldn't* get seated tickets (I tried them first and it said I couldn't have them). That seemed to suggest to me at the time that they were already sold out.

It's clear enough to me now that this was not the case and that the seated tickets (probably) didn't go on sale until 9am the morning of the 1st.

Mind you, - what I'd want a seated ticket for at a Metallica gig, I don't know... especially if I'd have had to stay in the seated area! I'm glad I got the tickets for the standing area.

Anyone know what number of tickets went on sale / what the capacity of the RDS showgrounds arena is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

why would you want to sit down during a good show like that?... twiddling your thumbs as you watch a moshpit going crazy... sitting down is just... it's just wrong.

Why would you be watching the moshpit? Maybe you want to concentrate at the ethics of the band. Besides, I believe at the large moshpit-driven concerts I have been too, there is an overload of people to have a good moshpit; its all squashed and everyone has to mosh together. I also hate when a person is dragged out on top of you from the event guards, be it from passing out or crowd surfing. Its so annoying, sometimes it causes long disruption.

I wonder if this concert will be better managed in that way, seeing as Mean Fiddler are behind it. Anyone know?

Advertisement