Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great program to boost your gaming pc [it really works]

Options
  • 28-02-2003 9:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive been messing around with this little program for a few days.
    My spec is well up for any game but a friends isnt.
    His PC that was struggling with games like Splintercell [demo but today we got full game running] and Unreal 2.

His system is a duron 750,256mb,geforce2 mx.[not a great system and was struggling with said games] , but after tweaking with this program we have his Splintercell rinning at 1280x1024 res and all gfx at medium with no choppiness at all.
    Before and after has got to be seen to be believed.
    Just thought it may benefit a few guys.
    The program is called" Hare" and you can download for free for a 20 day trial and them must purchase,its well worth seeing.
    It is on main page of this link.

www.dachshundsoftware.com

NOTE : guys ive heard you should not download " ANTICRASH" program on same page as it can screw up your HD reqiuring a re-format.
    I cant say for sure but best to keep away .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ive a good system..just need a new g-card...and maybe some more ram :) might download it later... but if it only wurks for 20 days lioke :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Ive downloaded It but I havent installed it yet. Ill post if i see any noticeable improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

My wifes PC awaits your recomendations with baited breath.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Ok, this program causes counterstrike to crash a lot on windowsXP, takes 10 seconds or so to startup and does not speed up the computer at all.

Why do I say this?

1.There was no increase in my 3D Mark2001 SE Scores.
    2. UT2K3 benchmarks have no improvement (D3D or OpenGL).

I think It tries to speed up games by using some sort of primative frame skip and lowering D3D texture and mipmapping levels.

The games I played reminded me of frameskip on SNES emulators.

This program made my computer worst.

Has anyone found anything good about this program (apart from you dcully, are you sure it works that good?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was directed to it by some guys from my Grand Prix Legends league.
    GPL is a very reliant on cpu power as opposed to gfx cards.
    Hare is supposed to manage how much cpu is used for games.
    While running GPL with HARE all of the guys [including me] from our league noticed a definite boost in performance.
    Lots of them report a boost for in newer games,a have seen a boost in my friends Splintercell.Since i started this thread i tried Splintercell on my own PC using HARE and i didnt notice a difference before and after .
    The other side of the coin shows that when i tried Unreal tournament 2003 with HARE it had a signifigant boost also which is kinda strange as both UT and SC used the unreal engine.
    Im using windows ME and as i said some games are better with this ,others as they were but none are slower , for me anyways.
    Counter strike and Day of defeat are both fine with no crashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

all of the unreal engine use a lot of cpu power. Infact its more cpu reliant than gfz card. Which supports your claim that hare affects your cpu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

helped with C&C Generals on my PC.

Stopped teh lil slow down that was happening.

Haven't tried UT2K3 with it yet.

Advertisement