Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you own ?

Options
  • 28-02-2003 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

just curious to see how the console race is going etc
    so ehh...post away + any comments/sexual advances :)

what do you own ? 163 votes

Game Cube
    0% 0 votes
    PS 2
    16% 27 votes
    X-box
    26% 43 votes
    PC
    7% 13 votes
    big willy
    49% 80 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I own a PS2 and a PC. As far as the console race is going, I know only 1 person that doesn't own a PS2, and nobody who doesn't have a pc of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

PC (and a big willy...or so my mammy sez)

looks like I'm one o the few w/out a blasted PeeS 2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I have none but PC since i lost faith in mankind err... i mean consoles. Last one i had was n64. As soon as they went 3d.... I lost interest. I'm too young for atari's etc, so snes and sega's.... those were the days... good ol' sprites, none of this crazy polygons crap

And what is it wit u and big willy's!?! I said something bout "it was his iq" and u disagreed/agreed saying "it was about his big willy" man o man i litrely lol'd :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Rnger
    And what is it wit u and big willy's!?! I said something bout "it was his iq" and u disagreed/agreed saying "it was about his big willy" man o man i litrely lol'd :p

maybe im trying to tell you somthing !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

also have a pc abd of course the big willy ;)

ps1
    ps2
    mega drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think just about everyone that visits this forum will have a pc in some way shape or form. Even if it is made out of household appliances such as spunges. I know mine is. Yea. PC and big willy or me. I think i have a N64 under some dust in my room and a Commedor 64 too. Ah. i love how you used to load games from tapes. It would take an hour to get 50% through and crash just at 90% .... damn commedor.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

ALL of the above.

Also I have a Game Gear and both GameBoy & PSX were in our house when they were big. Used to use my friends Mega Drive, Nes & once or twice an N64. When I was young sometimes used to rent consoles (mostly Mega Drive), but I was mostly a PC head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

gamecube (i love you) , atari jaguar (roar)

had gba , but sold it at the right time Muhahahhha

and all sorts of all other prevous machines .. loads actually, but had to get rid of some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Well i have a PS2. Cube, PC, GBA, ..dont play them enough really..stupid college taking up all my time. the console race is really only a race for second place..with the PS2 having such a head start it will always be hard for Nintendo and MS to catch up..

Used to have a PS but sold it to my brother-in-law for way more than it was worth..but i shouldnt have sold my games..anyone remeber everybodys golf? a brilliant game..but kept FFVII and Metal Gear Solid :D

im amazed at how many votes the cube has got !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Strange that PC is in there.....
    I'd like to see ppl post here without one for instance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

xbox and pc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by kamobe

I used by Dreamcast.

Originally posted by kamobe

people could go to a net cafe or use a mates pc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

PC, but I've access to a PS2.

I think developers believe that most console owners are 12-14 year old sugar junky TV addicts, so very few games of substance appear on them. Halo itself was originally designed for the PC til Microsoft got their grubby mitts on it and delayed its release for ages so it would be on the Xbox first.
    You won't find games like Baldur's Gate or Thief on a console.

im sure they aint that stoopid :/ im sure they have done research etc etc and stuff :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I own them all except for the xbox. It doresn't have any games that interest me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And sarky I'd rather play any of the best console games than the drivel that is being released on the PC at the moment. You just go back to playing the diabolical SOF2 and Unreal 2. I'll be enjoying Mario Sunshine, Xenosaga and Final Fantasy X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

mario sunshine..must go back and finish that..games of substance are plentiful for god sake :rolleyes: and as for Baldur's Gate i think it has been released on a console...all of them to be precise..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Used to have all sorts of consoles. But haven't bought an Xbox, Ps2 or Gamecube, and don't intend to either.
    PC games are teh cool. :p

• Advertisement

I saw an ad for a console version of BG, I think it may have been called dark alliance or something. It was a hack'n'slash 3d affair with lots of diversity taken away. Looked like a D&D version of Crash Bandicoot, TBH... Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following console news.

And what's wrong with SOF2? Mad fun on the multiplayer, but haven't tried the single player. And Jedi Knight is a well cool PC game. Along with Thief 1 and 2 (and soon to be 3) Deus Ex, Rune, Oni, Neverwinter Nights...

Sorry but Rune was crap. As for SOF2 try the single player. It's dreadful. I personally think Jedi Knight 2 is way over rated. It's not a patch on Jedi Knight 1 or the sublime Dark Forces.

Just as a matter of interest, how far did you get in Rune? I played it through, and found it became very good fun when you finally came up against human opponents...And wielding a giant two handed sword which also electrocuted those it struck reinforced my God complex...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I also owm rngers hamster but he doesn't know it. Heh heh heh. He'll never know.

i thought rune sucked :/ and no i didnt stick it out to fight human opponents as i got bord killing crabs etc...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

PS2, PC, and meh old Spectrum 128!

Oh and a big willie of course!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

just a pc , and only a small schlong ....snifff (ed hangs head in shame):(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

Originally posted by Sarky
    PC, but I've access to a PS2.
    You won't find games like Baldur's Gate or Thief on a console.

I've got baulders gate dark alliance on the xbox ;D

Baldurs gate wasnt exactly great on ps2 ...dont know about x-box!

• Advertisement

Is Dark Alliance any good? Does it follow the actual Baldur's Gate story? Or is it really an unrelated dungeon hack'n'slash? From what I read off the blurb, there were only three classes, is that true? (Can't imagine life without my Kensai or Blade...)

Advertisement