Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is CTYI?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

i doubt any of ye would know me. ciara loughnane. i was at ctyi 94,95,96 and worked as a TA and RA in 99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

i remember the name... vaguely...

I was there. but i wasn't in anything more than a physical sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

so is there anyone i do know in here? or am i too old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Rory's sister, right? I remember you.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chionochio

Hi everyone :)

Nobody here knows me cause I'd never heard of CTYI until I came on this forum, but I'm just popping in to say hi to everyone! :)

chio :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 duckgirl

i asked colm about the american ctyi cos my mom thought it would be cool to go there. i found out that american kids can afford to come here because jast attending an american course, which does originate in john hopkins,costs the same as attending the irish course and the plane tickets. so few ireish people can afford it.

does anyone know where singing american pie at the discos originated.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by fisifan01
    if you ask me ctyi is an elitist organisation for people who have nothing else going for them in life.

Well most inferior people think that :D </JOKE>

Honestly, we're not all that bad... most of us...

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

i know. i wasnt refering to every1 at ctyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Excellent.

BTW do I know you? I frequently hang out with Sven so we may have met.

Me is Ian. (The quiet ugly guy with long-ish dark hair)

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

A lot of CTYI people can be quite intimidating when you first meet them. but then you realise what lovely people they are, and most are really easy to get along with.

Just sounds like you ended up with a bunch of people who you didnt really get along with.

Hope they didnt jaundice your view on ctyi people too much. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Hi
    I'm new here. I won't give you my real name, but my handle is Bazookatone. I have been at ctyi since 1999. (99 sess1, 2000 sess1, 2001 sess2, 2002 sess 1) Actually, I'm in ctyi right now. Over the years, I've had a few nicknames, the one everyone seems to know is the VSP, or Very Small Psycho. I seem to be fairly well known in the annalls of CTYI, don't ask me why.

Here's what I think CTYI is. To the public, the Centre for Talented Youth of Ireland merely seems to be a camp for those with high intellectual ability. In reality, the whole thing is part of a sort of international conspiricy. People in the highest echelons of power realise that there is a certain kind of person, these people look like everyone else, but inside, they're totally different. These people possess a characteristic I like to call "Extreme". This is not determined by any one factor, it is a combination of personality intelligence, upbringing and lots of others. Anyway, the young men and women with this "Extreme" trait are special. They are highly intelligent, have incredible skill and focus and can be frighteningly determined. As a rule, these people will and can push themselves for longer and harder than any average person.

People who are like this usually become things like presidents, brain surgeons or successful businessmen and women. However, they can just as easily become criminals or terrorists, and because they have this type of "Extreme" personality, it can be percieved that they border on the psychotic. Their abilities lend themselves to the sort of life that a person on Interpol's and the FBI's most wanted lists. As a result, the govrnment uses CTYI as a tool for monitering young people who could, very likely, be tommorows Saddam Hussein or Bill Gates.

Actually, that's a load of Bull, but you have to admit that it is very good. I should get a Pulitzer just for this post
    :cool:

It's trev isn't it? IT IS!

... or not... i dunno. Ok, let's see... m/f. i'm guessing male.

Which course 2001 s2?

AND WHO DO YOU KNOW ON THIS BOARD!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

ha! i know you ceewa! i'm onto you! youre my RA!!! listen everyone! shes my RA!!! and shes cool, too. and I think I scared Rory today. hmmmmmm... boredom...

No, it's not Trev. I know Asuka from 2 years ago, we were in International History together. I'll give you a clue, I am very short from my age, am far to horny for my own good and everybody thinks that I am mentally unstable.:D

In session 1, 1999, I was in Game Theory
    In session 1, 2000, I was in International History
    In session 2, 2001, I was in Computer Apps but I switched to International Relations after a week
    This year (session 1, 2002) I'm doing astronomy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

hmmm... i know ive been in the same room as you, but i cant figure out who you are.... tricky. hmmmm......

We could probably cross-reference and work it out, but that would involve thinking... :)

A

ASUKA: I am very, VERY! unhappy that you don't know who this is. It's me for crying out loud, who do you think? International History, the class wasn't huge, think about it. I HAVE RED HAIR FOR F**K SAKE!
    I KISSED YOUR GIRLFRIEND! HA! DO YOU REMEMBER ME NOW!!!!!?????? DO YA? DO YA?

Yore ma? Wait... Yore ma didn't kiss A's gf did he? DAMMIT! I should know all short redheads cause... well... i just should. in ctyi that is.

<Edited on request - A>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kiwisco

Yore ma!, my sister just told me when she did the course u tried to do some very wierd things to her! I did session 1 this year but never thought to check if you knew her! You are never gonna guess who i am you shotgun toting maniac!!! Muwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

<Edited on request - A>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hello yore ma, guess who? :)

Yup, you're friends with Cormac (SOL) too.

Good to see ya here!

<< Fio >>

<Edited on request - A>

Bah. Humbug.

:)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lint Demon

wait, nowim confused. yore ma...cornelius? with the bathrobe? well, alot of people had bathrobes, but did you have one?

<Edited on request - A>

Okay, I'll say this sllowly for the normal impaired
    DO-NOT-PUT-MY-NAME-ON-LINE-YOU-STUPID-PEOPLE

I don't know everyone here and one of them could be a murderer or something. I don't want everyone to have my name. Why don't you just give them all my details: Address, phone number, MY BLOODY BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER while your at it.

And your supposed to be Talented Youth!?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

To Lordsippa: It was before they were going out and it was just the once. In fact she probably wouldn't remember, but I did.

To Kiwisco: I tried to do a lot of strange things to a lot of people.

Lint Demon: Yes it is Cornelius the bathrobe wearer. Who the Hell are you?

Sigh... I assure you that posting a relatively common christian name on the internet is not fatal in 9999 cases out of 10,000. The 10,000th case is when you accidentally walk out in front of a bus while complaining that someone posted your name on the internet.

A

Is that any way to talk to an old friend. How've you been, man. long time, no speak. It's a pity that we haven't seen each other in a while. BTW, just ignore the "Are you Idiots?" thread. I accidentally hit the Thread button instead of the Post reply button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lint Demon

i probably shouldnt tell you my name, knowing all of the murderers out there....waiting, lurking on the boards, especially those CTYI murderers...ooh. Im clare bryant. I dont know where you would know me from. I talked to you once at the first discussion. Im from Alaska.I judged the Mr CTYI contest that you didnt win. Im really cool. Im not as ancient as you. I am shortish and have brown hair. I have a pair of red oneills track bottoms. Im cool . I know I already said that, but I just felt like reiterating it. Yeah, just in case you didnt know. Right. So now anyone who needs to kill me has enough information to do that and I'll totter off and keep working on cleaning my room. Oh! thats even more information! i have a room! Oh dear god, i cant keep anything a secret!

Ok, so as to change the subject from Jacks paranoia...

WHO REMEMBERS POD?!

Someone get him on this please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kiwisco

ok bazookatone, but do you even realise who my sister is, or me for that matter? im the guy who was there when you went to purchase your shotgun, and when , and i think this was you, you forced andrew to apolgise for his nation bombing japan which lead to a heated argument.

• Advertisement

No, the guy who got into the heated argument with andrew and that crazy american girl was Cathal. In those sorts of situations, my job is to wait until the appropriate moment, and add in a small seemingly insignificant comment that results in anarchy. I like to think of myself as an engineer of sorts, I find the point in the argument where the weight appears to act and use the minimum force nesecary to inflict the most unrest and chaos.

By the way, Cathal got one of those shotguns too. But it broke, so I gave him mine and I brought his back to the shop and got it replaced. So no we BOTH are armed to the teeth.

Speaking of being armed, that Army survival course I was going on, it was Brilliant. we slept in bivvies, ate Army combat rations, had to hike over mountains, through forests and one marsh, we went in an air corp helicopter and an Army Ranger speedboat and at one point they even gave me a grenade! Ok, it was only a gas grenade and I had to give it back in the end, but the principle is what's important.

Advertisement