Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is CTYI?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

aaaah, gotta love the shotguns!!!!! did u guys get them in birr? i can't remember....oh, and say hi to Cathal for me, Jack. (remembering the unit- hahahaha- it was all mike and rachel's fault!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

god, hugh wouldnt shut up about the way they went CLANG when you loaded them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Spidergal

O.K. I know this will probably end up on the wrong page but I have to post it anyway! C.T.Y.I. started in 1993. I have done C.T.Y.I. since I was eight so I will explain the junior course mainly. You do an exam at 8-12 to apply for the courses, if successful you can do saturday courses, or summer courses. Exam results are given in percentages unlike the S.A.T.'s. When you are 12 you sit the S.A.T.'s the American college entrance exam. You can also be accepted through phsychological evaluation (pardon the probably wrong spelling!).

C.T.Y.I. in my opininion is the most unique place on Earth. It is the only place where everyone is equal and cliques to which not everyone is accepted are non-existant. It undoes the damage that the school system does. As a wise R.A. (Rory!) said 'C.T.Y.I. is an escape from the real world.... Anyway enough of the dramatics what is everyone up to? Clare you are confusing me soooo much with the double identity? I thought you were getting rid of the whole Alaskagirl thing? What did you mean you scared Rory, were you talking to him? We used to annoy him so much! It's so quiet without you! Ceewa, how is Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Is this the rory of the red hair? the RA of years gone? cause if so he was grumpy but i love him still. hehe.

Rory as in cat killing Rory, surname : Loughnane, Ciara the R.A.'s brother.

• Advertisement

I..... don't.... know...

erm... <hides>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Yeah about those shotguns, well, the thing is, Cathal was in my house and he bought himself a shotgun. But it broke the same day, so I gave Cathal mine, took the broke one and got it replaced after he'd gone home. I then took a new shotgun with me to Cork (I'm in Cork right now, using Cathals oh so cool new computer) to give to Cathal. However, I arrived in Cork a week after Cathal had left Dublin and in that time, the gun that had been mine, which I gave to Cathal, had also broken. So, every time Cathal gets a cool shotgun, it breaks for no apparent reason. Obviously, he is possesed by an entity composed of pure evil.:eek:

Just finished watching a pirate copy of Blade II. It's a fairly good movie (movie, not film) but the ending is a little weak.

that was a kind of confusing- but wow, what a life that shotgun had! it was clearly loved dearly. pure evil? Cathal? hmmm... i dunno...... enjoy cork. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kiwisco

I haven't seen Blade 2 yet. I loved Blade though so i cant see myself being disappointed. BUT I HATE BAD ENDINGS!!! And people who have seen 'Unbreakable' will understand this. It was, without a shadow of a doubt the most appocoliptically(if that is a word, if so i apologise for my spelling) disastrous ending man-kind has had the misfortune of enduring! What sort of threat as the'baddie' is Samuel L supposed to be! If You haven't seen this film, save yourself the hassle and burn down all video stores participating in the sale of this trajedy so that as a virus it can spread no further.

And Cathal was never evil, just misguided by the malevolent teachings of Bazookatone.

Originally posted by Kiwisco
    I haven't seen Blade 2 yet. I loved Blade though so i cant see myself being disappointed. BUT I HATE BAD ENDINGS!!! And people who have seen 'Unbreakable' will understand this. It was, without a shadow of a doubt the most appocoliptically(if that is a word, if so i apologise for my spelling) disastrous ending man-kind has had the misfortune of enduring! What sort of threat as the'baddie' is Samuel L supposed to be! If You haven't seen this film, save yourself the hassle and burn down all video stores participating in the sale of this trajedy so that as a virus it can spread no further.

DIE! NOW!

and supposedly there's a trilogy in the works. Plus, the ending of Unbreakable was perfectly suited to the movie AND it made perfect sense. <sigh> FOOL!

Said the comic fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Blade 2 rocked severely. Better than Blade 1.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kiwisco

How can you see it as an appropriate ending? What sort of a threat does Samuel L pose, what can he do, set his wheelchair to top speed and try run Bruce Willis down with the hope that the impact of the crash doesnt shatter every bone in his own body again! I wouldnt mind only the film was slow to get going and when it finally did it was over. And how does it end i hear u ask, no, not with a dramatic finale of a fight scene, not with a traditional explosion but with some text sayin 'Oh and by the way the cops got the baddie and every1 lived happily ever after!' An utter disappointment given the quality of the cast!

That's the thing, the film was about what a superhero would be like in real life. And he was real. He found out that this guy was a supervillainesque character and hence called in the cops to deal with him.

The fact is, that it ties in perfectly. When Elijah states "now i know what i am" he's refering to an earlier comment he made on the charicatures of villains and heroes. There are 2 villain types - the brawny animalistic ones, and the intellectual ones who are usually close to the hero. Considering hero wise he was Willis' mentor, he fits the mold perfectly. Myself, I can't wait to see a sequel cause i think the image of Elijah grinning behind bars as all hell breaks loose for Willis would be fantastically haunting... plus we'll probably get a brawn villain to match willis. That and any film to have the line "Friends don't shoot each other" should have a sequel! Which supposedly is on the way! WOOP!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

kay, i read the first page of this. then the last page. how exactly did a thread called What Is CTYI? turn into a Blade 2 discussion?? i know I could easily find out but i don't want to. cos i didn't get to see frickin Blade 2 yet.

the dude said not to include
    A) Father Ted quotes
    B) Off-topic stuff
    C) 'Nerd camp! Geeks!' style posts
    D) Father Ted quotes
    E) Personal flames/stories/obscure memories
    F) Father Ted quotes

so
    A) 'See Dougal, these cows are SMALL, those cows, are FAR AWAY'
    B) I like chocolate
    C) From the first Austin Powers: *puts fist to head* 'NERD ALERT'
    D) Drunken Father Dougal 'We're all going to heaven Lads, yay!!'
    E) Remember all those Abstract Shapes of Love?
    F) 'My lovely horse running through the... fields
    Where are you going with your fetlocks flowing in the...wind
    I want to shower you with sugar lumps and ride you over... fences
    Polish your shoes every single day, And take you to the horse... dentist

Oh, and another obscure memory, does anyone remember the visor of wisdom, and have photographic evidence of such visor, and also have a scanner to go with that picture???

Rory as in cat killing Rory, surname : Loughnane, Ciara the R.A.'s brother.

ya i meant to put that bit about rory as a quote, but then i accidentally pressed enter and my computer imploded AND the damn thing posted.

Rory was a very scary bitter man, who scared me and stopped me doing stuff on many occasions.
    He wouldn't know me cos all he ever said to me was 'Stop that' or 'Show some Respect' or 'Get up off the ground' or the oul' classic 'What do you think this is a circus?'

CIRCUS!?!?!?! I LIKE CIRCUS!!!!!! GIVE ME CIRCUS!!!!!!!

that happened on that Monday Night (dun dun dun) when it was raining heavily, and i was dancin in the rain, cos Dermot wouldn't let me and... other people into someone's birthday party. i think it was Bob's. he didn't approve of me dancing in the rain, or running round playing knick knock on people's doors. people that i didn't know that is.

I danced in the rain for a while.....until I realized I was dancing in the rain. believe Rachel and I started the-rain dance.

Was that quote from one of my posts? Not that it matters I was just wondering. The R.A.'s were in such a bad mood after Bob's party- probably because of the huge mess...anyway I'm babbling again....

yeah, dancing in the rain was fun
    i was dancing for a good half hour. there was me, and you, and connor, and that american girl with curly hair who was really pretty and not a blonde American, and charlie, and i can't remember who else.

• Advertisement

spidergal, it coulda been a post of yours. who knows? anyhoo, who are you? i didn't know anyone called spidergal, so had you some sort of civilian alias??

and that american girl with curly hair who was really pretty [/B]
    That was Rachel.
    and not a blonde American,
    Is that a stab at me?

erm...no.

for a start you're irish, and not a girl. and i didn't call you blonde american no.1 2 or 3

the blonde americans were rachel, madaleena (can't spell that, that's why she was known as rosie) and erin.

does that mean there was TWO american rachels. jesus, no wonder i called rachel aka. blonde american #1, jim. not just for the Rosie and Jim quality. my god.

no, I thought you were referring to...ug, forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

For what it's worth, we (Dermot's RA group) stayed back after that party and left the place practically spotless. We took responsibility for our great big dirty mess that we didn't actually cause... and we went and apologised personally to Willie. God damn I felt nice and proud and responsible that night. And I got a bra! A bra I tell you! That was a kick ass party aswell, we spent like €80 on food and stuff... yeah, Dermot was really cool for letting us do that. He rocks.

purplepolkadot- i think the only two you were missing in the list was danny and sarah (blonde american-wore those rediculously high boots, etc.) other than that i think u did name the whole dancing in the rain party. (or at least everyone rachel reported to me.) :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mbabazi

Remember the contest? That Bowler fella was a right dark horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Yeah, that dirty little whore... ah well, I'm proud of my three seconds or whatever it was... still though, John?! Like, what the hell?!?

THAT'S WHO WAS DANCING IN THE RAIN!!!
    jesus i couldn't remember danny and sarah
    sarah's cool, she licked me a lot. so's danny, he dances good, real good. and twix girl, who are you, dammit??

• Advertisement

bob, you shook your bra out the window when we were dancing in the rain. i'm remembering all this stuff now so i have to type it down. the remote is in your pocket IN YOUR POCKET LISA.
    i didn't know that was your party.
    see, if i hadda known that, i would've stayed in outta the rain, got dry and warm and not got the flu.
    it's all your fault bob, you shudda made flyers

Advertisement