Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is CTYI?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

You see, there's this thing called common sense which stops this kind of thing. For example:

[Rain falls]
    Brain: AHAA!!! My spidey sense detects precipitation!!!!!
    [Rain continues to fall]
    Brain: Uh..... Gettin' kinda wet here....
    [Once more, Rain falls]
    [Activate common sense]
    Brain: To the Batmobile!/ Inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Well, you see Lisa... no. After we spent roughly €80 on food that we got about 3% of we weren't really into paying more money for flyers... but it was me waving the bra out the window. Several times. A day. Every day.

How come I wasnt invited, by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Well, you see, it was originally going to be just my RA group... then Dermo said we could invite one other RA group so we invited Ciara Loughnane's group... but then a few of our lads were going out with girls who were in other groups so it was officially Dermot Looney's RA group, Ciara Loughnane's RA group and one other girl for every fella. Unofficially, anyone who came to the door and Dermot or I recognised got in.

Damn......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

yes, but i had both my common sense and important memory parts of my brain removed so that i could recall song lyrics, scripts and useless facts.

i think me and some of the wet people tried to get into that party, but then weren't allowed so then we ran around shouting and knocking on some doors and i laughed a lot.
    happy days

keep on forgetting stuff;

that other thread that i wanted to reply in is closed so
    Hmm... i do not believe i know you lisa but you sound like you've played one too many rpgs.

lordsippa?? explain!!

and garog, you were known as garog, because you said one time, (not that we had many long, interesting conversations) 'yeah and my name means little girl'.
    maybe someone else said it about you. hmmm, intriguing. and my kickboxin skillz are many and varied.
    i know how to wrench off someone nads.
    respec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Lisa.. I honestly don't remember what that was in reference to. So... erm... I'll stop talking now.

And from that comment you made it seems to me like you don't play enough. ;p

i know that rpg stands for roleplaying games. unless it stands for something else. i just wondered why you thought i played lots.

i do like, i'm just nosy

It means YOUNG GAR, DAMMIT!!!!

• Advertisement

I can't remember... something you said just came across as if you do...

soo... you game? A FEMALE GAMER?! W00000T! !!!! :)

on the computer or pen & paper? And if the latter what systems? PM me!

<so incredibly excited to have found a young female gamer!>

well gamer may be a slight exaggeration.
    just stuff that my brother has like (kay i'm reading them here)
    resident evil2
    quake 2 (my god that is so, oh my god, *overcome with it's greatness*)
    Aliens vs Predator
    Grand theft auto 2 and three
    other games i can't remember
    tomb raider...s
    that shooty one with the trucks and the helicopters. i swear i'm not that drunk

stuff like that

by 'gamer' you may be implying someone who takes a keen interest in the sport and know what all the abbreviations mean and things like that. and buy their own games, and have taste and give a **** what they play.

Um... I meant Role Playing Games player... but... YAY! :):) Which reminds me - I MUST reinstall Quake <the original doncha know>!!!

It means YOUNG GAR, DAMMIT!!!!

when i saw that i laughed for seven minutes. sorry sorry sorry sorry though. oh my god. see, it's the accents, and i was probably sleepy or very hyper and wasn't catching the last words of sentences properly.

oopsies
    Um... I meant Role Playing Games player...

I KNOW!!
    well, in quake your a dude saving the universe from the stroggs. and i forgot about the original. whch does indeed kick ass.
    and in resident evil you're claire or leon, trying to save raccoon city. i could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

CTYI was good and bad, but thats prob cus i only went once and i was commuting. i had so much fun there jst cus i love meeting and talkin to new ppl, but at the same time, there was this mentality of "oh im intelligent so i have to be a freak/have no friends" and that reeally isnt me..not evrybodys like that tho so i cant reeally pass judgement, but thats the main reason why i decided not to go back..mite do this year, i know a few more ppl goin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

well, one of the things I loved about ctyi is that it was an environment where even complete introverts made friends and the characterizing of someone being smart or whatnot didn't stop everyone from having an amazing time. but obviously it isn't perfect, that was only my experience there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

iiiiiii was inviiiiiiiiited!!! iiiiiii was iinviiiiiiiiiited!!!!!! hah!!! i am so special. plus, i bought that bra......good price, too.... i almost bought one for myself.... but that would have been pretty weird. bob and i having matching bras...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Wow, bob bought someting he actually has a use for...

there was this mentality of "oh im intelligent so i have to be a freak/have no friends"

no there's not. there's a mentality (for some) of 'ah, i'm intelligent so i realise it's a good thing to be different' and not a sheep, sheep i tell you.

Erm... I found that it was a huge bundle of groups, none of which i fitted into entirely so i ended up befriending a quater of the people there and through them knowing everyone else.

Hence why I know people who were never there when I was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

About your birthday bob, dermot also said the some of the archaeology and legal studies girls could come on accounta your group being in our classes. So sssh! Twas dermots fault i tells ya! And i only had a can of canadian coke, so ssh again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

About your birthday bob, dermot also said the some of the archaeology and legal studies girls could come on accounta your group being in our classes. So sssh! Twas dermots fault i tells ya! And i only had a can of canadian coke, so ssh again.

And we just couldnt keep away from you bob, can u blame us?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

Unofficially, anyone who came to the door and Dermot or I recognised got in.

except for that bit when no one was guarding the door and people who didn't know you snuck in and ate food :D
    (of course i wasn't one of them.....;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

I remember breaking into birthday partys... at ses2 this year I broke into Emilys and ate more pizza than anyone else... Chris Chan glared at me :eek: ... Emily didn't mind though :p

Chris Chan glared at me

yeah he's pretty easily p o'd
    does anyone from session1 this year remember that time in discussion where he got realllllllly angry and started taking people out and giving out to them but he was smiling the whole time?? oh it was funny. and i didn't actually do anything. at all. and he gave out to me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

never got to do test :(

my primary school didn'y give a poop

back then i had no friends so it would have helped :P

ahh well, at least i can say stupid stuff like
    AHAAAAAA U CTYI NERDS

while still wishing i had been a CTYI nerd

CTYI nerds are so much cooler than other nerds... except that annoying redheaded guy, who had a really nasal voice... i threw a bottle at him in problem solving...

Jack?

Poor jack. teehee

Possibly Jack, I never knew his name...

But if so, yes, poor Jack... he needs our pity...

• Advertisement

I REMEMBER (A possibly THE) JACK!! :eek:
    i lied on a jack in an abstract shape of love. he was indeed annoying, and uncomfortable, and his voice was highly nasal.
    it was raining. i believe he was wearing glasses.

''and that ends another episodes of lisa's faint memories that have little or no relevance.

thank you

*bows*'':eek:

Advertisement