Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is CTYI?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Erm... possibly that jack. I dunno if his voice is nasal, although it is dinstinctive. Anyway, yes. Hello Jack. I wonder if you still read this and will henceforth seek vengeance on all who have insulted you here...

If so can I be the second gunman? I promise I'll only shoot those designated targets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

jack's voice really isn't that nasal.....

he can be annoying....but he is still loved because he is jack. yes. that made more sense in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

I found it a bit nasal... please don't involve yourself in my murder Sven, that'd be mean...

:p
    just mention that the person people are talking about might read what they're saying and watch everyone suddenly turn nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

nice? maybe... but more I wouldn't want you involved in my murder, dunno why...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've always wondered - shouldn't it be CTYD or CTYL?
    Cos tbh, I never heard of any of this when I was younger, there wasn't any mention of it when we were doing sigmaTs or MicraT or any of that stuff. Either that or every school I went to didn't want to bother with the "paperwork".

Any plans to expand? Prehaps hold sessions in other major educational institutions around Ireland? *cough* NUIG *cough*

Tis too late for me, but I'd like my younger cousins and friend's siblings - and dare I say it, my own children in time to be able to live in the shtix and still have opportuinites like CTYP. :)

now...back to my anime...

3 lemon sorbets to the pe0n whole clocks what the substitutions are above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

*pats head*

To my knowledge CTYI was founded in 1993

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

...which would make sense considering the whole ten year anniversary thing this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

ten years, whoa, they better have an eggstra disco at whichever session i'm at on account of that

...or there'll be warrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

can anyone tell me how do u qualify to get into this. its the one for young students i am interested in, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The Juniour ctyi test is basically a Drumcondra test (a test that primary school kids have to do) in English and Maths. Depending on the child's age they will take different tests, they will take tests for children older than themselves. Alternatively a child could be given a different test by a psychologist which shows that they are gifted and the psychologist can refer them andsend the results on to CTYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

thanks for that, the reason i ask is that i know a kid that is in the saturday class and she doesnt seem that bright to me. likes to read but is certainly not top of her class, just wondering how she got in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

That's a horrible motive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

YOU'RE a horrible motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Must... resist...

I'll horrible YOUR motive!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

I'll motive yer ma!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Wait... wasn't this a Sticky earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There's 2 of them, this one was dragged up from 2 years ago.

*waits for Podge*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

I've been *waiting for Podge* all my life. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

*raises eyebrow*

I really don't know how people manage it, really I don't. Is the first thought of any individual not to read the threads already on the forum rather than go and search for a very old thread. *sighs*

Let me make something as clear as I can...
    Making work for me is not a good idea. I have enough work to do as it is and silly season has just begun.

I'm not even going to close this thread but anyone and I mean ANYONE who posts here is banned until the end of session 2 (and probably a week more after that so that that silly season can have made it's dasterdly presence known).

Advertisement