Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candyman

Options
  • 01-03-2003 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

I was just looking on play.com for the first one (which they only have on Region 1) and I noticed there's a Candyman 3.
    But I thought
    that when she smashed the mirror in the second one that it ended the curse and got rid of him for good.
    So what's the deal? Anybody seen the 3rd one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Candyman 2 sucked...
    The whole thing about a curse/descendants/rubbish completely took away from the idea that Candyman was this urban legend/myth that took its power from people's beliefs in it. A great, and very imaginative take on the whole idea of the rumoured and whispered stories that you only hear through the grapevine... Spooky.

Besides, it's money that ressurrects Freddy/Jason/Micheal, not reason or logic...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I dont agree AW i liked candy man 2 nice athmopsphere. i liked the first one too! I dident know there was a third i must look out for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Besides, it's money that ressurrects Freddy/Jason/Micheal, not reason or logic...

I dunno... logic has been known to do some pretty strange things... allegedly...

oh... wait... THAT logic! :rolleyes:

Candyman was shite, btw... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The best (only good?) thing about the Candyman film(s) is Tony Todd.

He's the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well Tony Todd makes a great Klingon all the same!

I saw him the other day in Witchblade the series playing a Mopheus type of character and he was just as cool as Larry Fishbourne!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I was just about to post saying the music from Candyman is class when I a post on the Thumped forums with this link: http://www.philipglass.com/glassengine where you can listen to many of Philip Glass's compositions including "Helen's Tune" apparantly.

Hell-in...
    Hell-in...

That's how I always imagine what Candyman's saying when he calls her name in the parking lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

I wouldn't say it was completely ****e but AW's right about Candyman 2, it completely ignores what the first movie was about. Btw that wasn't really a spoiler AW :confused:
    Anyway erm... yeah. Tony Todd is indeed the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

YEAH THEY WERE ALL CLASS!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Oh God how the third one sucks.
    I saw it in Golden Discs for €10 so I said screw it it's only a tenner. Tony Todd really shouldnt do crap like this.
    It is lame as lame can be.
    Do not watch this film.

Advertisement