Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the fastest pentium 3 to go in 440bx

• 01-03-2003 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

im trying to upgrade to play unreal 2-003 ,i have a pentium 2,300mhhz so im wondering whats the fastest pentium 3 i cuould put into the intel 440bx slot 1 standard interface ,,cos i need more speed to play the latest games,,,need at least 700 mhz or am i gonnna have to change motherb0ard,any info gratefully recieved.will it automatically recognise new pentium,do i have to change jumpers on board.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,807 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

700mhz is the min for ut2003 really, and not really playable at that.

It really depends on what model motherboard you have and also the availability of parts, Gerry probably knows well, think he's still running a bx ? you can get slotkets etc. to run the higher speed p3's, but getting them at this stage can be hard, it may end up cheaper to get a low end athlon or p4 to replace it with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I had a gigabyte 440bx slot 1 mobo that went to 1 Gig hz ... but it needed bios updates to do that ... I'd assume that most of the other manufacturers are the same...

I now have a 440GX dual slot 1 with dual 1Ghz procs :D

(GX is the server version of BX, max FSB is 100Mhz)

Advertisement