Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancakes!

• 01-03-2003 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

I have to say I'm not the best with cooking and I need to start somewhere, so where better than an a pancake (well I love them) Looks so easy when the granny makes it and tastes soo good aswell :) What exactly do I need to make a pancake (just flour, eggs, milk?) and is there anything else people put in to spice them up a bit.

One last thing, what do you eat on your pancake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

dont know how to make them, just know they're damn good with banana and nutella, or with ice cream too! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Lets say you are cooking for one:

1 Large egg or 2 small ones
    Some flour
    Some Milk.

Don't have any exact measurements, sorry. It is that simple though. you may want to pinch in a bit of salt and even cinnamon or what have you.

Beat an egg or two into some flour (you can kinda judge how much flour to use by pretending that the flour mass is a pancake - how big would the pancake be?). Slowly add the milk until you get a good runny consistency - this consistency will be a factor on the thickness of the pancake. If you want a thick pancake like the Scottish pancake - make it quite syrupy, if you like the "english" pancake make it runny like milk.

Use a good non-stick pan etc and just a little if none at all oil or butter. I tend not to use this with a non stick pan though.

As for toppings... mmmmm it depends I guess. Nutella, honey, brown sugar, yoghurt, beer - whatever I'm in the mood for. (maybe not beer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

This should be a good starting point:
    Pancakes

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Add water into the batter. It'll spread better on the pan and they'll be lighter tasting so you can eat more of them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

you could put the basic sugar and lemon on them or ice cream or nuttella or bananas and golden syrup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

Made some savory pancakes with chorizo last night, top class food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

sorry, but pancakes are vile. Nothing can make them taste like anything worth eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Damn it! didn't have time yesterday to even look at a pancake. Guess I'll have to get out the bowl and mixer tonight.

mmm, nutella, at first it sounded yucky but now I think of it more I want it! I'm usually jam/lemon/sugar or all three if I'm bored. I can picture myself getting sick tonight after putting whatever I can find on too many pancakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Maple syurp is the way forward! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

add custard powder (Just a littl) to them if u want them to look more yellow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

for savoury pancakes i love cheese, tomato, onion and mushroom.
    v.yummy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

bah savoury pancakes.
    If you want a savoury pancake go make an omlette. Pancakes are for sticking unhealthy crap in, not healthy food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Savoury pancakes are delicious, but you are right in part of what you say.

If you can come across Des Galettes, maybe marks n sparks would have them ready made, making them is a bit more difficult than pancakes due to ingredients.

it is basically a Salty style pancake but tastes very different but is perfect for savoury pancakes.

The best one going is, Ham, emmenthal and a fried egg, Tasty stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

pancakes and bbq sauce ynom ynom ynom!!!

Advertisement