Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miyamoto confirms Metal Gear Solid for GameCube

Options
  • 01-03-2003 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

if you didn't already hear it
    Loose-lipped Miyamoto confirms Metal Gear Solid for GameCube
    And according to Nintendo, he’s personally involved

During his visit to Europe, Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto blurted out, to the amazement of all, that he is co-developing a Metal Gear Solid game with Konami for the GameCube.

No further details were given, though the general consensus is that a remake of the original PlayStation game, along with a fat load of extras, is on the cards.

Amazingly, both Konami and Nintendo have confirmed the story this morning.

So the waiting game commences, with the eyes of the world focused intently on the revelations to come in Los Angeles Convention Center this May. So, unless Miyamoto spills more beans in the meantime, we’ll let you know then.

from spong yesterday

im not much of a solid gear fan but it should boost sales :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

And according to Nintendo, he’s personally involved
    Mario gear solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i can just see it now....

snake is crouching behind a crate just waiting to jump on a koopa's head....

will it be a new game or just an updated version of MGS2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hope its new...ive pld through MGS 2 on GC :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's rumoured to be a remake of the NES original.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hope it's a remake of the msx originals and not the nes conversions since they were crap. If it's a remake it will probanly be of solid snake: metal gear 2. Metal Gear is a bit out of date but solid snake has a great story and is almost as good as MGS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

With Miyamoto involved it is bound to be superb. WIll be interesting to see what it turns out like though, I have full faith he will make another classic game however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I don't like Metal Gear Solid. Probably because I've never played it so I might give it a shot.

Someone stole the word "Spong" off me, after I stole it from an unknown source (Meaning I can't remember). So unless I stole it from you, then you are a theif. I think.

I have nothing more to say but I type anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by Zukustious
    Someone stole the word "Spong" off me, after I stole it from an unknown source (Meaning I can't remember). So unless I stole it from you, then you are a theif.
    Or you are an idiot.

Spong

A

Advertisement