Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot view internet history

Options
  • 01-03-2003 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭

Problem : When i click the history button in internet explorer it will not show me anything under "by date/site/order visited today" , only "by most visited"...the fields are just blank. Can search for them though and the links are there.

Contributing Factors : Recently instaled something that set the windows time to 200 years in the future..which windows fixed itself next boot (presumably by the time synch part of XP).
    Am guessing the problem is somewhere in Internet explorer its recorded a link as being visited in the future ..and thus there are no sites listed.

Attempts To Fix : Have emptied history folder , as well as all offline content and tempory internet files.
    Have also installed ZDelete in an attemt to wipe out all hidden history files too , to no avail.
    Have had a look on technet too, but doesnt seem to be anything relevant.

Software Enviornment : Windows XP Pro SP1 , IE6 SP1 , all updates on windows update installed.

This is really frustrating me, anyone got any ideas?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Common fix for these types of Ie problems is to repair it.
    Go to Control Panel.
    then add remove progs.
    double click IE, choose repair .........
    it should reboot.
    failing that Reinstall from a cd or download
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

in Internet Options, History, make sure 'Days to keep pages in history' is not '0'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I wish repair was an option, unfortunately it isnt, just get that box up in add remove that basically removes the shortcuts to iexplore.exe and does diddly squat else :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

try deleting the temporary files in dos, like del temporar~ i think it is, and IE will recreate the folders when u run it again.. hope it works out anyway

Advertisement